Chapter 39

-earlier- 

[white]

(yellow)

[He's not doing anything weird.]

(well he does put milk before his cereal.)

[its confirmed, he's a serial killer]

I rolled my eyes and looked through the binoculars again. Peter's room was messier than I expected. I could see him laying on his bed reading some kind of textbook. Scrolling closer with the binoculars, it was an 'Advanced Chemistry' book. 

[what were you expecting? For him to be reading some super-secret serial killer bible in his bedroom?]

He's not a serial killer-

(White is right, he'd be reading those in a criminal base with his buddy Gobby)

I sighed annoyed with the voices. I don't even know what I was doing spying through Pete's window, I know he's not evil or anything. But the ransom on his head was really high, and I just wanted to make sure. 

I jumped down the fire escape of the building I was on. It was dark out, almost ten now. Am I being creepy? Spying on my boyfrie-

(yes.)

[definetely.]

Present ~Tony's POV~

"right so we're not trying to get spiderman anymore?"

"correct."

"Dude, why not! It was a direct order from Fury and we agreed he's a threat!" Clint was yelling in my direction as he was rapidly sorting through his arrows into his case. I was doing a Software update on a suit, apparently, the oxygen tank has been malfunctioning. 

"Don't tell me you actually care what that one-eyed Squidward says?" I scoffed before tapping my wrist, the suit flying over to me, placing itself gently onto my body.

"No but we did just spend months of work trying to track him down, we woke up in the night every single time he was out, we even built a tracker-"

"I built that tracker. I got every notification he was out, I made sure every team member was up and ready to go out and find him. I did all the work to try and get him." My words laced with anger, "Spiderman was right about one thing, we are all Nick's puppets just doing dirty work for him." The suit was screwed in tightly. My headpiece on the iron helmet opened up to reveal my frustrated face at Hawkeye.

"So what if we're his puppets. That's how the world works, everyone's got a boss. Spiderman is a threat, and the fact we couldn't catch him just proves that point." He threw the pact of arrows on his back.

"Are you guys coming? Queens is getting crumbled right now, we need to go." Bucky peeked his head into the weapons room.

"Yes, one second." I turned back to Clint who was still staring right into my eyes. "It was 'every single time. There were many times when Spidey was spotted, but I decided not to alert you guys because he was saving people. He may be some kind of threat, but from what I can tell, so are we." I slammed my headpiece shut.  "He saves more lives in a week than we have in the past three years. So when our 'boss' is wrong about something, I'd think you were more of a hero to stand up to do the right thing." My voice was stern and angry, slightly shakey. I speed-walked out of the room, making my way to the quinjet. 

~Spidermans POV~

The blood gushing out of my leg was making a pool of red on the white sidewalk. I was sitting next to a local thrift shop. Everything was blurry and 

Probably not gonna finish writing this story tbh,

 i can't be asked sorry lol 👴👩‍⚖️🧛‍♂️🧛‍♀️🤹‍♀️🏃‍♀️🧗‍♀️🥿🎟🧈🥪🍨🍩🥘🍺🥂🍀🌿🚞🚲🛴🦼🦼🚘🚙💌💞㊗⚕♾🈚🚱⭕🍨🛴🤩😘🙄☺😍🤔🙂😃🤔😚😋🙄😒😕🥺😳👺👿👿🙈🐯😽🐭🐭🦄🦧🦮🐔🦄🐸🦮🦄🐭🐔🦍🦍🐗🐗🐗🐸🐸🐼🐮🐰🐲🐴🐴🐳🦎🦨🐏🦘🦘🐡🦐🦑🐊🦡🦡🐘🐳🦞🐁🐄🐃🐍🦦🐬🦞🐙🐬🦡🦡🦡🐘🐊🐊🦎🦎🐿🦙