Chapter 21

Peter's POV

🎶I've got a date with the hottest guy in schoo-ol 🎶

I sang to myself in my thoughts. We're going to a small cafe on Saturday for some breakfast. Even though Ned and Harry embarrassed me so badly, I'm still glad they did, cuz then Wade wouldn't have asked me out.

I really should stop focusing on Peter right now. Spiderman has a lot of work to do. 

"Ned? You hear me?" I spoke through my mask earpiece. Sitting on the ledge of a small building, I was casually scanning the area for any possible danger. 

"Nice and clear Pete. Wait- the police scanner is picking up on something..." Ned listened in.

~3rd Person~

Spiderman sat up straight, clearing his head.

"Yup, bank robbery two blocks away." Ned started typing something, clicks on his new computer rung through my ears.

"On it" 

~

13 men and 8 women, all fully armed, robbing one of the most popular banks in Queens. 

"Alright Peter, 18 hostages are being held on the left side of the building. Be careful they don't get hurt. If the robbers start shooting at you, they might shoo-"

"-Shoot a hostage, I know" Interrupting Ned out of his thoughts. "Is there a large enough vent for me to crawl through that I can get into from the outside?" 

Keyboard clicking "No, nothing big enough. But there is a large vent that you can get into from the inside. It's at the very top of the high ceiling. Near the back entrance. You can easily get in without being spotted." The guy in the chair spoke proudly.

Spiderman swung gently to the back door, sticking himself to the brick building. Guarding the door was a man with a rifle gun who hasn't noticed the hero yet. The boy just webbed the man up and kneed him hard enough for the criminal to fall unconscious. 

Peter entered through the door, focusing on his senses. The back room was just filled with storage shelves and files. He noticed a large vent at the top of the ceiling. Silently he crawled up, and inside.

"Wow, with all the vents you've been using lately, are you sure you're not Hawkeye?" Ned chuckled through the earpiece. Peter smiled at the joke but kept quiet. Just in case.

He followed the yelling and eventually got to the huge main room where all the criminals were all guarding the hostages and packing up money in large duffle bags. This was obviously a very planned out operation. Looking down, he spotted the group of innocent hostages, all crouching down with their hands on their heads. Four armed men were stood around them, making sure nobody escapes.

In the distance, outside the front door of the bank, Peter could hear sirens of the police finally arriving. Though they will probably be no help.

Spidey looked around for the boss of the operation, the leader. There always was one. In a group of criminals, there was always the one person who lead everyone and ordered them about. About 17 of the criminals were packing the money, one of which stood there and doing nothing. The man just watched the others packing the money. He had a rifle gun in his hand and had a bulletproof jacket on

The boss was just close enough to a an empty office beside him. Crawling the high ceilings, Peter made his way to that specific office. Inside, he simply picked up one of the pencils that was sitting nicely on the desk, and dropped it onto the floor purposely. Making a noise, quiet, but loud enough for just the boss to hear. The man whipped his head around to face the office room. He saw nobody, but went inside anyways. 

Spidey knocked the man unconscious with a punch to the head. Before Peter left to deal with everyone else, he noticed something. On the boss's jacket, was a logo. The logo was stitched neatly onto the shoulder.

All these men were working for someone? Was it the Green Goblin? But why would Norman need to hire guys to rob a bank? Didn't he already have enough money? This was still all new, and needed to be solved

Finally, trying not to get distracted, Spidey crawled back into the main room. He looked down onto the guys as they finished collecting the money into their bags. Eventually they all noticed that their leader was gone. Spidey took this opportunity of confusion to finally reveal himself. Jumping down, he startled some of the criminals around him.

"Aww what a lovely surprise! I didn't know you guys threw a birthday party just for me! How did you guys knowwwww!" Spidey exclaimed in a high pitched fake excitement voice. One man pointed his gun up to Peter, but was too slow and got punched straight in the face. Another thief pointed her gun, got her jaw broken.

Without their boss to yell out orders, the group was a mess. Peter made absolute sure that he was as far away from the hostages as possible, so that non of the law-breakers accidently shoots someone innocent. Once shots were fired, the loud noises of bullets echoed. The police outside obviously heard, got the permission to enter. SWAT teams rushed through the front door, massive rifles in their arms. Multiple officers came in, rescuing the hostages and getting them all out eventually. Meanwhile, the SWAT team and the Criminals where all shooting at each other. Most taking cover behind counters or tables. It was a war zone. Spidey did the most improvement though. His spidey sense warned him every single time he, or someone that mattered, was in danger. It was chaos. 

Suddenly, Peter felt a sharp sting on his lower limb (the thigh). As he was finishing up the last offender, he looked down and saw blood spilling out of his leg. He had been shot. The  blood was spilling out fast.