Chapter 8

I sat in the ER falling half asleep.

I've been sitting here for 4 hours now. The nurses say I can't see my Aunt yet. They don't know her condition for sure. 

The nurse (Libby I think) looked like she was hiding something. I really hope its nothing more than a heart attack because I'm already worried enough for her. All I hear is a clock ticking on the wall. I wipe my cheeks with my sleeve. By now I have cried about 5 times. 

After a deep breath trying to calm myself down, Libby rushed through the door to the waiting room. 

"Mr Parker?" 

I stood up getting a dizzy feel a little bit. 

"May Parker will slowly get better. We're still not sure how long the recovery time will be but we estimate about 3 months." She spoke.

"3 months? Can I see her?" My voice raspy from crying.

I followed her through the door and towards a hospital room. 

Inside lay my Aunt May with different medical equipment surrounding her. My heart broke at the appearance. She looked up to me innocently and smiled sadly. Libby respectfully left the room to give us some space. 

"Aunt may." Walking towards her, I gave her a hug while she just lay there. Tears started to pour down.

"Honey I'm alright, ill be back on my feet in a couple of months" Her eyes threatened to spill.

My whole life I have studied lying and how to be good at it, also how to recognize it. Hiding such a huge secret like being spider-man, I have had to master lying as best as possible. So i could easily tell she was hiding something important. I didn't want to push so I'd just have to wait until she was ready to tell me herself.

We sat in the hospital room for hours, just talking about life and the future. Until a nurse came in telling me visiting hours were over.

~Time skip~

It's been two days since the last time I've went out as Spider-man. One of the reasons is obviously Aunt May. But I would be lying if I didn't say I'm scared of the Avengers. What if I come across them? What if they get me again? What if I fail to escape? What if...

Anyway, I also haven't been to school because of my mental state. I'm not too worried about missing school. If there's any tests, i'll probably do alright. Science is too easy anyway, so i'm not bothered about it.

Visiting May everyday makes me feel better. I can talk to her and make sure she's getting better.

I just finished emailing some Spider-man photo's to J. Jonah Jameson. They were photo's I took last week when I was stopping Electro from stealing weapons out of a police truck. 

Flopping onto our red couch, I switched on the TV. Flipping through the channels I landed on The New York Bulletin new's channel. A Lady with blonde hair was talking.

"-and that's how the trial of the century ended. Onto other new's though a video has been leaked from a cafe security camera on the side walk. The video contains Tony Stark nearly hitting an elderly woman with his car. Even though he managed to stop before smashing into her, the woman had a heart attack seconds later from the terror of nearly dying. She was rushed into hospital but we haven't heard any words from Tony Stark since" She looked bored of her job.

A video started playing. My heart missed a beat. In the video an elegant black car was speeding on the road. They paused the video and zoomed in on Stark's face to prove that it was him. When the video continued playing a woman was crossing the road. The woman was-

Aunt May...

My eyes widened and continued to watch the footage on my TV. Luckily the elegant car stopped, screeching on the breaks, stopping right before touching May. About 2 seconds later I saw her clutch her chest and fall to the ground.

Rage filled my thoughts. Not only did Tony Stark kidnap me but he nearly killed my Aunt. Slowly my mind started to calm down but I wanted revenge.