Chapter 11

~Peter's POV~

Somebody suddenly shook me awake.

Libby, the nurse, was standing above me. "Peter, visiting hours are over. It's late you should go home"

I looked back at the hospital bed where Aunt May was sleeping so peacefully. I'v been visiting her for the past week in the hospital. She was recovering well from her heart attack but slowly. 

Spider-man hasn't been seen patrolling for a while and I felt really guilty.

I waved back at the nurses as I exited the hospital building. It was already 7pm and home was a 30 minute walk away. 

~Time Skip~

Tonight I decided to go out. As I scrambled through my bedroom door, I shoved on my spider-man suit and started to run towards my window. 

Reaching my arm out and gushed out a web. Swinging through the New York breeze I felt something i haven't felt in a while. 

Free

I forgot how amazing it feels having the wind roar in my face. I wish I could take my mask off to feel it on my skin.  

I didn't really have a specific destination in mind, so I just let my thoughts take me away.

Be four i knew it, I landed on a small lamppost. When I looked around I realized I was near a graveyard. But it wasn't just any graveyard, it was the one where Gwen was buried. My mind started to wonder about Gwen Stacy.

But this wasn't a time to mourn, I need to focus on the situation with the avengers. They are probably still on the lookout for me. I need to end this somehow. I cant just run from them forever. I need to know their next plan-

A buzz signalling an incoming call from my phone. I answered the call through my mask to find out it was Ned.

"Hey Pete!"

"Hi Ned" Me and Ned have been keeping in contact since the accident with May.

"I just wanted to get back with you about the photos of the rabbits you sent me"

"Oh yeah! so what did you find out? Do you think the scars are from being tested on?"

"Definitely, the scars were from needles being pushed into them. You should try to investigate where that came from, some criminals may be testing illegal drugs in them or something."  Ned informed.

"Thanks Ned! You're a life saver, and i'll look into that. The street I found them in was a really a sketchy one so no doubt somebody's testing on them illegally. Have you got any new information on the Avengers?"

"No, they seem to be keeping on the down low. Especially Tony Stark. But I'll keep you notified if somebody gets any sightings of them! What are you gonna do?"

"Well I'm on Aleah Road right now but ill be starting patrol soon. Maybe Avengers will show up. I bet they have something planned for me"

"Bro i still cant believe they're after you, why don't you go to them?"

"What? Go to them, what do you mean?" I questioned.

"Well it's always been that you wait and them come after you. But what if this time you come to them? Like sneak into the Stark Tower and snoop around looking for clues on what their next move is so you can be ready or sabotage them." 

...

"NED, you're genius!" I cant believe I didn't think of that!

"Well that's what your 'guy in the chair' is for!" He giggled

~Time Skip~

The air was getting thin from this height. I just spent 10 minutes climbing up Stark Tower. There is an open air vent near the top of the building. My plan was to get inside through the vent without anyone noticing then find a room or maybe an office with some clue's as to what they could be plotting next for me. 

I finally reached that vent and pulled off the covering. Once I got inside the ventilation system I immediately heard multiple voices coming from the same area, a couple of rooms away.

Crawling through the vents I followed the voices and as I got closer I recognized them. 

"If you think about it, he must be young. He never patrols during school hours. He could be a student still in school." 

I think that was Falcon talking.

"School hours? He's 19 or probably older with a job. They're not school hours, they are working hours!" I heard Hawk eye argue.

Bingo, they're talking about me. I just need to listen to their conversation and hopefully get some information. I crawled a little closer to the room and peaked out of the vent opening. 

Looking down into the room, I saw nearly all the Avengers sitting in a living room on large L shaped couches. The room was really bright with luxurious decor.

On a completely separate couch sat Nick Fury. 

I was silently laughing on the inside on how half the team thought i was 19 and the other half was right. I am 16.

Captain America started talking "I agree with Sam and Natasha, I have a feeling he might be in his teenage years. I know he's taller than Tony but his height is still pretty short-"

While trying to look out a little better, I accidentally hit my finger against the vent wall.

Suddenly two head's swiveled in my direction. I ducked my head to the side to hide from their view.

Black Widow and Nick Fury was staring intensively in my direction. I was trying to stay as silent and still as possible but I was panicking in reality. 

Fury lifted up some kind of gun blaster from the table next to him and pointed it towards me...