Chapter 17: Why Frank's hair is big

Disclaimer: PJO is Rick Riordan's creation. The only thing that is mine is the plot.

Frank's POV:

Frank didn't like school very much. Not only was did it come right after his mom died, but also, he'd never enjoyed school. The work was fine, but he'd had a few friends at best, and way too many bullies.

But not at this school. This school was a private school, meaning there was all sorts of security and stuff like that. Also, his long-lost dad was rich. Great. Which meant he was related to a bunch of rich people.

The only good thing that came out of that was his new friends. They were all surprisingly down to earth for being so rich.

Hazel was super nice. She was really great at drawing, and make really good blueberry muffins. So far, he was closest to her. After all, they were both the new kids, so they got along pretty well. 

Leo, the clown of the group. His jokes could be bit insensitive at times, but he was nice enough. Actually, Frank wasn't really sure if he considered Leo a friend. He was always off blowing things up, much to the chagrin of most teachers. Principal Chiron often gave him detention for that, but it never seemed to deter his pranking spirit. 

Percy, the wild card. Well, maybe not wild card. He was a leader... but Annabeth was more of the leader. He was funny, but not a prankster. He was really just a great guy overall. He was ADHD, so he didn't really seem to enjoy school sometimes, but he was a really great swimmer, in fact, Frank was pretty sure Percy was the captain of the swim team. He was also pretty popular. 

Annabeth was the leader. She came with all the plans and was also a good partner in Calculus. She could be a little scary at times, but Frank was used to it by now. She also did really well in school, both with grades and in track meets. She was running for Vice President and would likely get it. Her opponent was only some pimply jock who had no idea what he was doing. 

Piper was...well, Frank wasn't really sure. He knew there was some drama between her and her mother, and also Drew, Jason's girlfriend. Example A, AP French class yesterday:

Henrietta, the French teacher had paired them up. Frank was with Hazel, and they were awkwardly trying to carry on a conversation. Frank could write and read French well enough, hence the high enough score on the AP placement exam, but talking was a different problem. 

"Um, how's your baguette today?" Frank said in French, not knowing what else to say. 

"Good. Your green shoe is okay, too?" Hazel said in French, giggling a bit as she pulled her army coat tighter around her, despite the heating vents in the classroom. 

They both laughed at their inability to carry the conversation. 

"You don't appreciate it!" someone shouted in French. 

Frank followed Hazel's gaze to Drew, who was shouting at Piper, the gold sequins of her shirt flashing brightly. 

Piper stood up, scraping the beads on her grey sweater on the chair. "I shouldn't have to."

Something about her voice was rather charming, and it was convincing Frank that yes, Piper didn't have to appreciate it.

"You think my life is easy?" Drew said in French, hoisting her jeans up. "You know nothing about my life."

"You know nothing about mine, either!" Piper retorted in French. 

Henrietta jumped in between them. "Girls, girls, let's just calm down, shall we?"

Yeah, they definitely didn't like each other. 

Jason was the golden boy. He was the quarterback of the football team, one of the co-presidents, got pretty good grades, and was somehow nice to everybody. Frank didn't really know much about him, but he did know that he and Drew had relationship problems, based on the incident he'd seen two days ago, on Tuesday.