Chapter 24: Halloween

Jason's POV:

Jason still couldn't believe it. His mother was alive. It had been three whole days since they'd discovered her, but he still wasn't over it. How could he be? After all, where had she been for the last two years? 

Either way, Jason was set on giving her the silent treatment. No matter how many times she apologized, Jason was ignoring her. Which was increasingly hard to do since she was staying in the Zeus house by the order of his dad. So, Jason tended to sleep over at Percy's house. His mom, Sally Jackson and his stepdad who was also an amazing English teacher, Paul, both understood to not let her in at night, so Jason was relatively safe. 

Anyways, by the middle of the week, Jason wanted to take a nap. But not today, because today was a school day, and that was soooo important. It was also Halloween, so it meant that it was time to get his angel costume to match Drew's for school. 

So when he met Nico, Leo, Percy and Frank in the car, he did not match their costumes. Percy wore a silvery jacket and choker, as he was matching Annabeth as the moon to her sun. Leo was a devil for Khione(which honestly still surprised him), Frank was a marshmallow, and Nico was, well, something. Hazel had ditched their ride to school for Annabeth's today, as she would be matching her costume with Lacy. 

Eventually, they arrived at school, where Drew was waiting impatiently. She wore a white dress and feather wings, which perfectly matched Jason's clothes. A small bundle of happiness warmed his heart, which totally had to do with Drew, not with the fact Piper was standing a few feet away from her. 

And honestly, Piper was dating Dylan, his understudy, anyways. And she wasn't even looking at them. She was talking to Annabeth, who wore a gold shirt and necklace that complemented Percy's costume. Annabeth was the one looking at them, probably waiting for Percy. 

Jason got out and Drew stomped over. Her pretty face was twisted into an annoyed look. 

"Where have you been?" Drew said. 

Jason internally groaned. Why was she so clingy?

"I'm sorry, we left the house late," he said. 

Drew smiled, but it looked fake. She probably didn't believe him. "That's okay."

She gave him a quick kiss then looked around, as if daring anybody to contradict her. Only a few girls dared to meet her eyes, and their gazes quickly dropped after that. Drew took Jason's hand, then pulled him forward, swaying her hips as she went. 

Homeroom and AP Calculus were boring to Jason. Well, he had nothing to really do, honestly. And also, his wings were kind of uncomfortable to sit with, so not the best. During AP English, they were writing about the usage of bronze in Ancient Rome, which was interesting enough. Lunch was interesting, because it was Jason's day to sit with Drew's friends, but at least Leo was there. 

Khione's red dress perfectly matched Leo's black suit, though her high heels made her even taller than Leo, which Leo didn't seem to like. The rest of Drew's group were Mean Girls, with Calypso being Regina, Rachel being Gretchen, and Nancy being Karen. 

It was during the Halloween Parade when things got....... weird. 

The Halloween Parade was during Spanish Class, the class right after lunch, so everybody was grabbing breath mints and gum to make their breath smell better. Jason was having Wintermint gum, himself.

It started out fine, with Chiron addressing the school, and everyone going across. Drew and Jason went with Leo and Khione across the stage, and sat down with the rest of the seniors. 

And then, it happened. 

"I [insert swearword here] hate you!" Nancy threw off her blond wig and pink glasses, and grabbed the microphone from Chiron.