Chapter 39: Sometimes Pigeons Questionably Rally

Disclaimer: PJO isn't mine, blah blah blah blah blah

Jason's POV:

The second Jason heard the words 'wolf house' vibrate out of Piper's phone, he was hit with flashbacks. 

"Miss Lupa, where are we?" Jason was young again, and looked scared. From his clothes, Jason knew it was within a similar time frame to the memory he'd seen when Dakota died. 

In that memory, he'd been wearing the same blue shirt and jeans he was now. He'd been with Lupa that time too, but not in the park he was right now. In that memory, he'd been in a white hall, before he met Dakota, in a somewhat cozier room. 

"This is where you will be staying." Lupa was a grand woman, with long dark hair that was always braided and silvery blue eyes that were scarily observant. She often wore a furry coat and thigh high boots. 

Even though it had only been a few days since he'd met her, he already immediately knew when she was near. He could always tell by that distinct smell that clung around her. It was like wet fur, that damp smell of the dirty becoming clean, the evil becoming purified. 

"Oh," was all Young Jason said. Waves of confusion practically wafted off of him. He'd been staying in a different building for the last few days, ever since Lupa had taken him in. 

"This is the Wolf House," Lupa said. She put her hand on the wooden door, and took one of the carved petals in her hand, twisting it. It popped open, and she took out a golden key with the letters of SPQR intertwined with each other on the handle. 

"Jason, are you okay?" was all Jason needed to be knocked out of it. 

He stared into the bluest eyes he'd ever seen.... oh wait, that was the sky. His senses returned, and he realized that he was on the gravel. 

"Ow," he groaned as he got up. 

Percy put an arm around his waist and helped him up. "What did you see?"

"I think I kind of saw where the Wolf House is-" Everything that had happened before the flashbacks came back to him. "Wait, where's Piper?"

"With Leo, getting the car," Percy said. "Annabeth and I are going to use her car, and Frank and Hazel are in the middle of an experiment, so we'll leave them behind. You said you know where to go?"

"Um, yeah, go to the park by the New York Airport." (this probably doesn't exist, btw, just made up)

"Okay, do you want to ride with Leo and Piper, or Annabeth and me?" Percy said. Annabeth pulled up in a grey car, and Percy kissed her on the cheek briefly as he got in. 

Even in a crisis they were cute. 

Yeah.... no. He didn't want to third-wheel. 

"I'll go with Leo and Piper," Jason said. 

Annabeth just nodded and hit the brakes, zooming off towards danger. 

The car ride was silent, thick with apprehension as they got closer and closer to the Wolf House. It didn't help that Festus was pretty creaky and slow. Each groan made Jason cringe a little. 

When they got to the Wolf House, Leo barely parked in the space, but they got out anyway. Piper grabbed Jason's hand and pulled him forward. Her eyes were frenzied with panic, but she looked beautiful as ever. Something about that look seemed eerily familiar, in a way that Jason couldn't quite place. 

"Where's Annabeth and Percy?" Leo puffed out, holding a hammer. 

Jason grabbed his gun as he ran towards the white building. "Do you see them?"