Chapter 20: Homecoming

Disclaimer: nothing is owned by me.

Piper's POV:

Piper had never thought she'd go to Drew's house, but here she was, getting a manicure, in the pink makeup room. 

Piper was scared. She wasn't really sure why she was scared, but she was. She had this awful feeling that something bad was going to happen if she wasn't on alert. Something was off.... but she needed to loosen up, probably. It was probably nothing. 

"Why do I have to wear makeup?" Piper said, as Drew gestured one of the makeup artists toward her. 

Drew rolled her eyes, which were already covered in shimmery eyeshadow. "Makeup will make you beautiful."

"Well, isn't she already beautiful?" Reyna said, from the chair over. 

Drew clenched her jaw, then left. 

Piper smiled gratefully at Reyna. "Thanks."

Reyna nodded, her obsidian eyes full of unreadable emotions. She was getting a manicure, her nails painted dark purple and gold. 

Annabeth sat down next to Piper, twisting her hair into a chignon. "So, what's homecoming royalty?"

Piper shrugged, trying to ignore the blush being spread on. "It's like prom royalty. There's a princess, a prince, a queen, and a king. That's what we voted for this afternoon."

Annabeth's eyebrows raised. "We vote for homecoming royalty before student council? And why was I on the ballot?"

Hazel stood next to them. "I think Percy put you guys on the ballot?"

Her pink dress matched her soft makeup perfectly. 

"Why?" Annabeth frowned. 

"I don't know," Drew said, "so he can wear the crown? Me and Jason are running too."

"Jason and I," Annabeth corrected. 

Drew scoffed, tossing her dark hair. It was now bedecked with a few clips to hold it back. "Whatever."

"So, who is your date, Lacy?" Drew said. "You wouldn't tell us last time."

Lacy looked scared, and did Calypso look worried too?

"Um, I still can't tell you," Lacy said. 

Khione rolled her eyes. "Just admit your date is fake already, Lacy."

"No, I swear, it's not fake!" Lacy said, waving her cream colored nails at her. 

Piper closed her eyes, as the makeup person spread shimmery powder over her eyelids. "Yeah, I'm sure it's real."

Were Calypso and Lacy going together?

"Then why won't she tell us?" Nancy said. 

"Because it's a secret," Lacy said. 

"What does that even mean?" Khione said, putting a hand on her hip.

Lacy sighed. "It means that they don't want anybody to know yet."

"Well, are your dresses matching at least?" Drew said. 

"Kind of?"

"Are they going to pick you up?" Khione said.

"No."

"Why?"

"Okay, okay, I think Lacy's probably done with answering questions," Piper said, opening her eyes. Wow. She looked better than she thought she would. The red lipstick matched her dress, her skin was perfect, and her eyebrows were actually there.