Chapter 11: Auditions are not fun

Disclaimer: The owner of PJO is Rick Riordan. Who is not me, sadly enough. Plot is the only thing that is mine. 

Piper's POV:

"I can't believe they're still making up things about it!" Piper said, slamming her locker shut. 

At the end of the week and the last class, she wanted to just go home already, but she had to audition for Guys and Dolls. She doubted she would get the lead role of course, but it would be at least a learning experience. 

Lacy shrugged. "Paparazzi will do anything for a view."

Annabeth nodded, shouldering her backpack. "Yeah. I even saw one about you and Jason being in love."

Piper opened her mouth, then closed it. She probably looked like a fish, but a love story? She wished. 

"Does someone have a little crush?" Lacy smirked. 

"No!" Piper said. 

Annabeth laughed. "We so need to talk about-"

"Talk about what?"

Piper clenched her jaw, as she turned around to see the one and only, Drew and her lackeys. Well, not exactly one. 

Annabeth smiled. "Oh, I'm sorry. Did the middle of your sentence interrupt the beginning of yours?"

Piper high-fived Annabeth. She was glad Annabeth had answered that one, because Piper was sure how she'd respond. 

Drew put a hand to her heart. She wore a cream colored jacket and jeans, and was carrying around a gold chain. 

"That's not very nice," Drew said, pouting. 

Annabeth rolled her eyes. Lacy looked scared. Piper.... well, she wasn't really sure. 

"What do you want, Drew?" Piper said. 

Drew rolled her eyes. "I want the nerd to stay out of my business. I want Loosey Lacy to stop talking to Calypso. And I want you matchstick to give Jason to me!"

Annabeth smirked. "I'm not a nerd. I'm just smarter than you."

Lacy looked even more frightened. She'd been talking to Calypso? And what gave Drew the right to call Piper a matchstick? Her body type was her body type, and hers alone. 

"You are not smarter than me," Drew said. She opened her mouth to say more, but Drew's newest lackey, Khione touched her arm. 

"We got to get to auditions. These losers aren't worth our time," Khione said. 

Khione was somehow wearing a blue sundress despite the cold weather. Though, Calypso, Nancy, and Rachel were all wearing cropped outfits too, so they must have just be cold resilient. 

Drew waved a hand and off they went. 

Piper groaned. "I can't believe she's in Musical Theatre too. At least she's not in Choir too. Can any of you come to the audition with me?"

"Sorry, I have architecture club," Annabeth said, smiling apologetically. "I think we're helping with the sets soon, though."

Piper turned to Lacy. "Lacy?"

Lacy shrugged. "Sure! I want to see you sing."

Piper sighed. "Well, okay, whatever."

Annabeth waved goodbye, while Piper and Lacy went into the theatre. Currently, Jason was singing. And, wow, he sounded amazing! He was singing 'Something's Coming,' and his deep voice suited the song perfectly. He would likely get the lead.