Chapter 35: The Emotionless Competition

Disclaimer: Pjo isn't mine, but the plot is. There, I did it!

Piper's POV:

"Are you sure you're okay?" Piper said. 

Despite it being three days since the school incident(as they called it), Annabeth was the last to get out of the hospital. Somehow the gas had affected her way worse than Leo and Percy, the other two who'd gotten fully gassed. 

"Yeah, are you sure?" Hazel said. 

Hazel had hidden in a closet with Frank, so they were both fine too. 

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "I'm fine, there's no need to worry."

Annabeth wore a grey hospital gown, and seemed to be enjoying the comfortable bed in the private hospital that may or may not have been owned by Olympus Enterprises. Sometimes, money could help. 

Hazel gave Annabeth her bag of clothes that Piper and Hazel had packed. "Well, we got your clothes from your closet."

Hazel, herself, wore a fuzzy red sweater and jeans, as it was apparently time to "get into the Christmas spirit."

Piper just wore some sheer black tights, a leather skirt(that Jane picked out), a black turtleneck to keep herself warm all covered by a blue and black leather jacket she'd pulled off her floor. 

Annabeth yawned. "Thanks. Did you get the robe?"

Piper pulled out the silky blue robe. "Yep."

"And, we got your socks," Hazel added. 

Annabeth slipped behind the curtain to change. "So, how are the parents?"

Piper shrugged, then realized Annabeth couldn't see her shrug. "Well, they're okay. My dad's going to therapy, and it seems to help him. Jane is trying to manage all his gigs, and she's mostly delayed them, except for some rom-com that's filming soon, called Trapped in Silk or something weird like that. Paparazzi haven't been any nicer, though."

"Oh, yeah?" Annabeth came out from behind the curtain, wearing a grey blouse and jeans, her shoulders draped with her blue robe. 

"Mmhmm." Piper sat down in one of the visitor's chairs. "Jason could barely get through them to pick me up, and then, they recognized him too, and it was a disaster. They kept asking us if we're dating!"

Piper wished... but no, Piper was still fake dating Dylan, and Jason's ex-girlfriend was kind of still crazy for him.

Hazel laughed. "That's kind of funny."

Piper made a grouchy face and stuck out her tongue, because she was totally mature. "Not really. I'm guessing we ended up on some article, but I'm too scared to check."

Annabeth grabbed her phone. "I'll check."

After a few minutes of scrolling, Annabeth turned the phone towards Piper. Piper sighed at all the crazy conspiracy theories already popping up. 

"So, they think that I'm a vampire and Jason's a time traveler?" Piper said. 

"Say what?" Leo said, coming into the room. 

"We're just reading what the press is saying about me and Jason," Piper said. 

"What are they saying?" Percy said. He carried a whole tray of coffees and handed them to everyone. 

"All sorts of weird stuff," Piper said, taking a sip of her coffee. "Where's Frank and the croissants?"

"Right here," Frank said. He tossed one of the bags to Piper.