Chapter 8: Loathly Lemon

Disclaimer: I don't own anything of PJO. The God of Trolls does, AKA Uncle Rick himself. The plot is the only thing that's mine.

Jason's POV:

Jason wasn't really sure how he'd gotten here. Of all people, Drew was the one to bring Jason to Chiron, the headmaster. Apparently he was sick yesterday, but today he was back and running. 

Nico had come to school today, as Hazel had insisted she was fine on her own. So, the car ride with Leo, Percy, Nico and Jason was full of corny Leo jokes, everyone teasing Percy about something or other, then Percy attempting to tease everyone else, and finally, Percy just sassing everyone and talking about something called 'Persassy?'

Eventually they got to school early, and headed off. Well except Jason. Leo was meeting with a teacher, Nico was catching up on what he missed, Percy was having a 'study session' with Annabeth, and so nobody was there to direct Jason to the principal's office.

Nobody except Drew, it seemed. So, here he was, his arm in Drew's hold, her lemon perfume wafting out. The lemon perfume was probably supposed to be nice, but it just reminded him of his mother's acrid lemon perfume, like....Loathly Lemon. Yes, Loathly Lemon. 

Drew wore a blue top covered in hearts, and ripped black shorts. Her hair fell down her back in fashionably messy waves, and her white backpack was slung over her shoulders. Jason wasn't really sure what to think about Drew. She was nice to him, but she didn't really seem to be particularly kind. She'd also shown she was clearly interested in him, but Drew wasn't really his type. He liked nice girls, like, maybe, Piper.

"And here we are!" Drew chirped.

Jason shook himself out of his thoughts and opened the door. 

"Chiron! " Drew called. 

A middle aged man turned towards them. He had light brown hair, a goatee, and wore a tan suit with a black tie.

Chiron started to smile, but then he froze. "You–you should be dead."

What a wonderful start to a conversation. Chiron dismissed Drew, and ordered Jason to sit down. 

"Sorry," Chiron said. "I meant-I didn't mean that. I mistook you for someone else."

Jason could tell he was lying, but decided to let it go. He needed to make a good impression. "Well, um, can you give me my schedule? My friends just told me to where to go."

Chiron nodded, but his eyes still looked dark and foreboding. "Here you go."

Jason was already standing up. "Um, thanks."

He grabbed the schedule and got the hell away from there. 

Three classes later, Jason was still thinking about it. Homeroom was okay, AP Calculus had Piper, and AP English had Annabeth. Lunch meant it was time for Student Council, which was great. Annabeth came with him, so that was at least some comfort. 

"Hi Jason," a girl said. 

"Um, hi," Jason said, not knowing who he was. "I kind of-"

"Yeah, I know. My name's Reyna, and I'm your co-president," Reyna said, holding out her hand to shake. 

Jason shook it. "Um, hi. This is Annabeth. She's thinking about running for Vice President."

Reyna smiled diplomatically. "Nice to meet you."

Annabeth matched her smile. "And you."

Jason had the impression he was in the company of two very scary ladies who could probably kill him without breaking a sweat. After all, Reyna looked pretty intimidating. She wore a tan sweater wrap, black jeans, gold earrings, a bracelet, and gold sandals studded with jewels. A dark tattoo peeked out underneath her sweater. Jason was pretty sure the sandals weren't part of the dress code, but figured no one wanted to tell her.