Chapter 40: Secret Sibling Service

Disclaimer: PJO isn't mine, as much as I'd like it to be. It's the property of Rick Riordan's, but the plot is mine. 

Piper's POV:

"Hecate says that they are going to move the Mist soon," Jason said. 

It was late August, and the weather was getting hot. The sun shone down on Piper especially ferociously, but hopefully her sunscreen would prevent any sunburns. 

Piper's adrenaline spiked as she turned to look at Jason, something that seemed to happen every time they got into a dangerous situation, which seemed to be happening all the time lately. In fact, just last week, they'd had to move the Wolves to a room far far away from her dad's birthday party. Just one of the perks of dating a gang member. 

Piper took a bite of her peanut butter and jelly sandwich(priorities, of course), then said, "How soon? Do the Wolves know about it?"

Jason's eyes remained fixed on his carrot, which Piper didn't blame him for. Carrots were super interesting , after all. Piper figured, though, that he was focusing on the carrot because he was still feeling unsure about his involvement with the wolves. Piper knew that he was really close to all the members, especially-

But before Piper could remember the name of the gang member, her vision was filled with a bright white light, which scattered her red shirt and yellow converse into little, colorful flecks that decorated the blank white canvas beautifully. But then the dots faded slowly, til they were completely gone, dissolved in the utter whiteness of the world she saw. Then, even the white disappeared, invisible brushstrokes painting vibrant color into the painting. A beautiful portrait of a blond haired woman with green eyes and a magnificent green dress appeared. 

It took a few seconds for Piper to realize that it was Aphrodite. 

"Mom?" Piper said. 

The background filled in, white walls and pink bedding, and a room that ended in bars, just like her kidnapping. For a second, she thought that her rescue had all been a dream, and she was still stuck in that horrible room. 

But then, her memories came rushing back, and Piper remembered the freedom she'd had. Now, she just had to get it back. 

"Piper!" Aphrodite embraced her, pulling her into a hug. Piper breathed in that delicate Victoria Secret scent, feeling at home. 

Aphrodite pulled away eventually, throwing a teal dress at her. "I'm sorry that I had to pull you out of your sleep. I'm sure it was much more pleasant, but we must get going. Now, get dressed!"

Piper's brain was moving slowly, her mind still clearing the sedative fog away, so she said, "Whaat?"

Then she remembered the silky dress she clutched. "Mom, maybe this isn't the best time for a makeover?"

Aphrodite looked shocked. "Piper, there is always time for a makeover."

Aphrodite could be a little crazy, but Piper had never thought she would be that crazy. "Mom, we're kidnapped, in some weird place, and my friends that I was with are likely somewhere kidnapped as well, and-"

Aphrodite put a finger to her perfectly glossed lips. "Shush. The guards might hear you."

Guards? Piper didn't see any guards..... until she saw that tiny flicker of shadow towards the end of the hall. 

Aphrodite followed her glance. "Looks like they're switching soon. Which is why you need to go and change into this now. I promise it will help us escape."

Piper was still confused, but she made her way to the bathroom and changed into the dress. When she came out, Aphrodite did her hair and makeup. Piper stayed still, but inside she was fuming, infuriated. Why the heck did she have to put on makeup?