Chapter 25: Fun Like The Wind

Disclaimer: I've honestly done this so many times now.... but basically, PJO isn't mine, but the plot is. 

Piper's POV:

A new month was supposed to be good. Such were the lies Piper had been told. Especially after everything that had happened in October, Piper had been hoping for a miracle or something. Maybe all the captives would be miraculously found! Maybe Piper would understand her Calculus homework! Or maybe Annabeth would even help her cheat on it!

Instead, she was in the self defense center, practicing her aim and also on the phone about the new Suicide Prevention Society. Of course, it was totally necessary, and Piper definitely wanted to support it. Especially after Halloween, it was necessary. But Piper hadn't known Nancy very well, and, well, she suspected there had been some nefarious play in her death.... but Chiron was not having it. She was going to lead the club with Drew, because that's just great. 

All right, maybe she was slightly grumpy because of the making out that she'd witnessed. And yes, it was Drew and Jason. Well, Khione and Leo were making out too, but it didn't bother her too much. She'd hoped that her fake relationship would distract her, but it hadn't seemed too. 

So, here Piper was, agreeing to the club while throwing knives. 

"Okay, thank you for doing this Piper," Chiron said. The raw emotion in his voice made Piper feel bad. 

"Of course. See you on Monday!"

"Yep!" 

Piper dropped her phone to the ground and grabbed her knife from the target, before throwing it again. It sliced through the air, hitting the target perfectly. Piper grabbed it, sitting down on the bench.

Despite it being a Saturday, everybody was busy today. Frank was writing a gossip article, Percy was swimming, Jason was making out with Drew, Leo was making out with Khione, Hazel was doing a lab experiment, and Annabeth was working on her homework, but had not let Piper cheat off of her, unfortunately. Clarisse had mid-terms coming up, so even she couldn't come. 

Piper sighed, burying her face in her hands. She was so bored and annoyed. They'd had so many close scrapes with death, so many dangerous experiences, yet they barely knew anything. People had died, been taken captive, yet they still couldn't get them back nor understand a single clue. And this stupid one word was rattling around her head, some word that was somehow important......

A flashback overtook her senses.

Piper was unsure. "Are you sure I should be here?"

Jason tugged her forward. "Everybody else is off at camp, so we have the whole place to ourselves!"

"Well, yeah, you told me that, but why am I here?" Piper pulled her hair into a ponytail. 

Jason grabbed his gun. "In case things get bad, which they might, you should know how to use a gun."

"A gun?" Piper was incredulous. "Jason, I'm a vegetarian and a pacifist. I can't just..."

"Would you rather use a knife?" Jason said. He pulled out a shiny knife. 

Piper rolled her eyes. "Fine."

Piper lay on her back, enjoying the warm summer air. It had honestly been too long since they'd had the opportunity for a date. They'd been so busy coordinating with the FBI and trying to slow down the deal process, that they had barely had anytime to themselves. But today, Jason had surprised her with a picnic date, so Piper had put on her favorite yellow dress and flats, and off they went.