Chapter 15: Suit, Suit, Suit, Suit-Suit-Suit

Piper's POV:

"How does this look?" Piper said. 

Her mother had consistently been dropping outfits every morning, and while some were okay.... some were totally not her style. Today, the outfit was a purple crop top, and jean shorts. The shorts were fine, but the top was a bit tight, and well, cropped. At least it was long sleeve. 

Annabeth shrugged. "It's fine, Piper. And by the way, Lacy left a bunch of our work."

After the fateful sleepover, they'd decided to meet up at somebody's house everyday to do homework and come up with theories, but ultimately sleep in their own homes. Except in Piper's case, that meant she had to stay with her mother. And she didn't want to stay there, so Annabeth's house it was. 

"Including the musical work?" Piper asked. Lacy had had trouble getting that work, as she'd complained about yesterday. 

Annabeth nodded. "Yeah. She said she had to cajole Khione into doing it."

Piper bit into an apple. "I'll make sure to thank her."

They fell into a comfortable silence of Piper eating her apple, Annabeth trying to steal it, eventually settling on both each having their own apple. 

Annabeth stared at her. "More nightmares?"

Piper realized that she probably had nightmare circles. "Yeah. Weird ones."

"Flashbacks again?" Annabeth said. 

Piper sighed. "Yep. And I assume, we haven't been let off of house arrest, so we still can't go the the address that me and Jason remembered."

Annabeth shook her head. "I've sent every Olympian an email every single day since Sunday. They've gotten three emails, and still won't cave."

Piper rolled her eyes. "Parents."

After a few more bites of apple, they headed towards Percy's house, where they were meeting up for the day. Percy's house had to be the favorite Olympian house. Annabeth's was nice, but Percy's had an indoor pool, an amazing feature that Piper discovered. 

"I love this pool!" Piper said. "If I'd known, I would have brought a swimsuit."

"Same!" Hazel said. 

Annabeth shrugged. "I have some extras you can borrow. Though, seriously, we need to go shopping for both of you."

Hazel nodded. "Yes, definitely!" She lowered her voice and leaned in closer. "I don't really feel comfortable wearing Bianca's clothes."

Piper wasn't really sure what to say to that, but she put her hand over Hazel's. 

Annabeth did the same. "Nico's lucky to have you in his life. But I promise that I'll get Argus to get some more clothes."

"Does he even know what to get for us?" Piper said. 

"We should compile a list," Annabeth said. She tore a page out of her notebook and started writing things down. "We have our groceries and ice cream, we just need more clothes."

"I'm making breakfast!" Percy announced from the stairs. "And I promise, this time, people will not need to make a backup breakfast."

Everyone looked at him suspiciously. Yesterday's breakfast had not turned out the best, and everyone else had eventually had to start making breakfast. 

"I promise, my mom taught me...I think," Percy said. 

"I did teach you," a voice said from the hallway. Piper figured the speaker was Percy's mother, as they shared the same dark hair and intense eyes. Like that they could kill you and hide a body, but would coddle you and smile the whole time.