Chapter 23: Wolves, Moles

Piper's POV:

Piper tried to be excited Jason had recovered his past. Tried to happy that he knew where to find leads. But..... yeah, no. 

So, she'd remembered all the love dovey stuff and nothing important. He'd remembered a bit about his past, and his first love, just enough to make sense. 

"So, where is this place?" Piper said, forcing some enthusiasm into her voice. 

Jason buttoned his jacket. "It's where Leila was buried. I remember, I went there a lot... I think I'll find something there."

Annabeth threw Piper a mess of pink. "Here's a wig."

Annabeth had taken off her purple wig, and was now attaching a short platinum blond wig to match her ripped black jeans and black shirt. 

Piper pushed her wig on. "What should we wear?"

"Something black?" Hazel suggested. "That's what Nico said."

Hazel herself wore a black dress with a cute little ruffle, and her wig was bright blue space buns. 

"Okay." Piper ended up borrowing a white blouse and a black skirt from Jane's closet, mostly as an excuse to check on her. 

"We're going to go out, but we'll be back by the afternoon, I promise," Piper said. 

Jane opened her eyes for a moment, then closed them again. Piper sighed and left the room. 

A few minutes later, they arrived at the graveyard. It was a very dark, depressing place. The sun shone brightly, but the light didn't seem to touch the graveyard. It was a simple one, with dried grass and stone benches and gravestones engraved with names.

Jason stumbled out of the bronze car, and Piper steadied him."Are you okay?"

Jason nodded. "Yeah, just, memories."

He let go of her and Piper immediately felt colder. Wow, what had she become? Where were all these cheesy thoughts coming from?

"So where is the grave?" Annabeth said. 

Jason shrugged. "I don't know."

Percy looked around. "Should we just try to find it, then?"

The graveyard was super huge, and if Jason didn't know where it was...

"Should we split up into pairs to go through it?" Piper suggested. 

Nobody had objections, so off they went. Piper ended up in a group with Hazel and Frank, because there always had to be a trio in a group of seven. 

They went along the west end, checking over every gravestone. Each was way too similar, grey stone, a couple engraved words, dying grass all around it. 

"Lelia Bobofit, died age five," Hazel read aloud. "That's so sad!"

"Yeah," Piper said. 

"This one is pretty sad, too," Frank said. "Cordelia Rigby, dead from the moment she lived."

"Aw, that's horrible!" Hazel said. She ran over towards Frank, and wrapped an arm around him. 

Piper smiled inwardly. When had they gotten so close? It was so cute. Their connection was golden!

A scream filled the air. Piper, Hazel, and Frank ran towards the sound, finding Leo struggling to hold up Jason, who was flailing. A moment later, he slumped, and his eyes opened. 

"I remember where it is," Jason said. 

"Where?" Percy demanded. 

Annabeth arrived a second later. "Yeah, where?"