Chapter 21

"What am I gonna do with you, Squirt?" Anakin sighed as he ushered her in the direction of the medbay.

"It wasn't my fault," she grunted. "I tried not to use my bad arm, but I had no choice."

They arrived and walked through the doors. Kix was standing right at the entrance once they walked in and looked up from his datapad, "What are you two already doing back here?" he asked, confusion on his face until he saw the blood on the supposed-to-be-white bandages.

"What did you do? How did you already manage to get hurt?" Kix asked while crossing his arms.

"I know, I know. But it actually wasn't my fault this time," she claimed.

"C'mon." he sighed and led them further into the medbay.

He led the two to a room, and Saasha sat down on the bed, happy to finally be off her feet.

Kix immediately peeled back the bandages to reveal the bleeding wounds. The skin around it was slightly puffy, and most of the stitches were busted.

"If you don't mind me asking, how did this happen?" he asked while cleaning the wounds with disinfectant before restitching them.

She took in a sharp hiss as the disinfectant glazed her open wound. "Well, I wound imagine when you have a duel with a Sith the day you get stitches, these things tend to happen."

Kix froze and removed his glance from the wounds he was treating, and looked at Saasha. He knew how deadly a Sith could be. She was lucky the stitches were her only injury.

"Told you it wasn't my fault," she said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kix finished treating and stitching the wounds, and after, Anakin and Saasha were back on their way to their quarters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Anakin, what are we gonna do? I mean, I don't think the Separatists will let this go anytime soon." Saasha asked as she got up from the kitchen table where her studies were and climbed onto a barstool at their kitchen counter, examining her lightsaber. She didn't have much else to do since Kix gave her STRICT orders not to move her arm. Which meant Anakin was stuck on dishwashing duty even though it was her turn. So that's where he stood, the kitchen sink.

Saasha couldn't do much with her hair with only one arm, so she left most of it down but still made a half ponytail into a small bun. It took a lot of attempts.

(You guys know the drill, blonde hair

(You guys know the drill, blonde hair.)

Saasha listened to the water from the faucet run while she waited for an answer. The gushing water reminded her of the waterfalls on Naboo or the small ones on Scarif. The first time she saw the waterfalls on Naboo, she thought she was dreaming; it was just so beautiful. She remembered she had competitions with the clones to see who could roll down the grassy hills and run to the finish line first once they reached the bottom. It always resulted in at least one of them face-planting.

After a couple of moments of just listening to the water run, Anakin broke the silence, "I don't know, Squirt. I don't know." he sighed.

He had failed to protect his mother, which resulted in losing her, and he failed to protect Ahsoka, which resulted in him losing her too. He guessed Ahsoka wasn't dead, but he doubts he'll see her anytime soon, which makes his heart ache. Especially since he feels Saasha and Ahsoka would be such good friends, even though Ahsoka is older than her. He failed them; he wouldn't fail Saasha. He just couldn't.

"Saasha, did Ventress say anything or give any hints as to why they're out to get you?" Anakin asked as he proceeded to wash the dishes piled up in the sink.

Saasha thought for a moment, replaying their encounter in her mind. 'How did I forget?!' she thought to herself as she remembered the part when Ventress almost ended her.

"Yes, actually. She said that Dooku's master had been making plans and that I was in the way of them succeeding. She never said what the plans were or who Dooku's master was, though. Why would I be the only one 'in the way' though, who would this plan involve that would make me 'in the way'?" she asked.

They both sat in silence, pondering Saasha's question.

"Wait, how did the Separatists even know we were on Geonosis to send a bounty hunter?" Saasha asked.

"I hadn't thought about that. The only people that knew where we were going was the council. No one could have broken into the temple and gotten out without anyone noticing, so that possibility is off the table. So that means..."

"Someone's a spy," Saasha whispered wide-eyed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

😂

Is it concerning that I have over 700 Star Wars memes saved on my phone😬......
I mean some of them are videos but......