Chapter 1

Anakin's comlink flashed as he was cleaning his lightsaber in his quarters. Since Ahsoka left, he spent more time by himself when he was at the temple and tried to avoid the council. He pressed the flashing button on his comlink and was greeted with Obi-Wan's voice, which wasn't very surprising. "Anakin, the council has a new mission for you." Anakin sighed before replying, "I'm on my way."

Anakin walked through the temple halls, remembering walking down these exact halls with Ahsoka only months ago. 

When he reached the council chamber doors, they swooshed open to reveal the council. 

"Skywalker, a mission for you, we have," Yoda spoke first. 

"You will be taking part of the 501st to Scarif," Master Windu continued.

"Scarif? I thought they had decided to be neutral." Anakin interrupted. (I don't actually know if this is true, but in this story, it is!)

"They are, but there have been reports of Separatist activity there, so we are sending you to investigate," Obi-Wan replied this time. 

"When do I leave?" Anakin asked.

"In half an hour," Master Plo replied. Anakin then bowed and left the room. 

As Anakin was walking to the hangar, he commed Rex, "Rex, get some of the troops ready; we've got a mission."

"Yes, Sir," he replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Anakin got to the hangar, Rex, Fives, Jesse, Kix, Echo, and Hardcase were already there and waiting. (Echo and Hardcase are still alive in this story) 

The 501st had also been hit hard when Ahsoka had left. She was like their little sister, and she had been accused of something they all knew she could have never done, but the worst part was, they couldn't do anything about it.

"Are we all ready to go, Rex?" Anakin asked.

"Yes, Sir. Everyone is ready, and supplies have been loaded."

"Great, I'll do the briefing when we enter hyperspace," Anakin said as he climbed the ramp of the ship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the ship had made the jump to hyperspace, Anakin briefed the troops. 

"We're going to Scarif. There, we will be investigating for Separatist activity. Shouldn't be too hard." Anakin explained. "We will be landing here," Anakin pointed to an island on the map.

"Isn't Scarif neutral?" Fives asked.

"Yes, but there have been complaints of Separtitist activity, which means they're not respecting Scarif's decision to be neutral, which means we have the right to investigate," Anakin explained. The troops nodded. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they reached Scarif a while later, they landed on the island and began setting up camp and unloading supplies. While they were unloading the supplies, Anakin went into the jungle to get some firewood. He knew that these kinds of planets were hot during the day but could get chilly at night. He was picking up sticks on the ground when he heard bushes in the distance move. He instinctively grabbed his lightsaber with his free hand but didn't ignite it. He tried to sense for droids or lifeforms. He didn't sense droids; he did sense a lifeform, though, but couldn't determine what it was. 'It's probably just an animal.' he thought to himself. He headed back to camp with the firewood in his arms. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She watched from the bushes as a man was collecting sticks. She was confused, as she could sense he wasn't from Scarif. Shivers ran down her spine as the thought of more Separatists invading came to her mind. 

She accidentally stepped on a stick, which caused a loud snap, which made her jump at the unexpected noise. She was still traumatized from what happened only a week ago. After she jumped, she realized she had caused the bushes she was hiding in to shake. 'Oh no,' she thought as the human grabbed something from his waist and looked at the bushes she was hidden in. She held her breath. After a couple of moments, he left. She decided to discreetly follow him to try to figure out if he was a Separatist or not. 

She followed him to a clearing in the tropical trees but continued to watch from the bushes. There, she watched as armoured figures unloaded crates from a ship. She saw one of them remove something from the closest crate to her and eat it. Her stomach growled as she saw the figure eat, as she remembered she hasn't eaten in days. She was so hungry, not to mention in pain from a large gash on her arm she had received when she made her escape days ago. 

She decided this was her only chance to try and get food, so she went for it. She waited for the troops to sit down around the fire before she began. The sun would start to set soon, and she had to do this before then, or she wouldn't be able to see anything, and that would put her at risk of making noise. 

Once the troops were gathered around the fire, she pulled the hood of her cloak further over her face and snuck as quietly as possible behind the crate.