Chapter 29

Anakin was confused, 'what the heck was he talking about?' he thought to himself.

"I'm sorry, I don't understand."

"From being Chancellor, I have studied the different religions or the galaxy, including the Jedi and the Sith. I remember there was a way to cheat death, but this is only accomplishable one way, by gaining the power of the dark side."

Anakin mentally widened his eyes. He needed to tell Ahsoka and Obi-Wan about this; it may blow this case wide open. He couldn't let the Chancellor see the observation he may have dug up. But what if she died if he told them? What if the only way to save Saasha was to learn whatever the heck the Chancellor was talking about. He needed time and space to think about his options and what to do.

"Thank you, Chancellor. May I have some time to think this over, please?"

"Of course, my boy. It is a big decision to make, whether to be certain of her safety or not," the Chancellor replied.

Anakin felt sick. He had never seen the Chancellor mention anything remotely like this. He thought he knew the man. He trusted him.

He nodded his head and stood to leave, bowing politely before he left.

As soon as he left the office, his comm beeped, "Master, I'm sorry if I'm interrupting, but we need to talk with you, now." Saasha's voice said.

"I'm on my way back to our quarters," he replied. It felt like there was a battle raging in his head between which option to choose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka and Saasha were seated on the couches in their quarters again.

Anakin wasn't really listening to the conversation around him, though. He was more focused on the thoughts in his own head. He didn't know what to do. He felt like Saasha's fate layed in his hands.

He was pulled from his daze as a hand waved in front of his face several times.

"Earth to Anakin..." Saasha said as her hand continued to wave in his face until she got a response.

He blinked his eyes and looked to see the other 3 staring at him.

"Master, what's wrong?" Saasha asked first.

"It's...it's nothing. I'm fine," he lied.

"Can you tell us the truth, please?" Ahsoka begged. They could sense something was troubling him much more than before. You didn't have to be force sensitive to know that something was wrong. 

At the end of the day, he trusted Obi-Wan, Ahsoka and Saasha. They would help keep Saasha safe with everything they had. They all had something in common; they were all selfless.

"Saasha, you might be right," he started, to which she raised her hand to her ear and joked, "I'm sorry, can you repeat that." He was glad she still had her sense of humour and that this experience hasn't destroyed her but right now was a time to be serious.

"The...the Chancellor mentioned a way to save Saasha." He spoke.

Obi-Wan crossed his arms over his chest and raised an eyebrow, "How..." he asked hesitantly.

"By using some skill from the dark side." He sighed. Everyone's eyes widened in the skulls.

"Does that mean..." Saasha didn't even have to finish her sentence because everyone knew what she was going to say.

"We can't know for sure unless if we get hard evidence. We can't just accuse the Chancellor of this without any proof. No one will believe us." Obi-Wan mentioned while stroking her beard.

"So what do we do?" Ahsoka asked as she let the two older Jedi take the lead.

"We need to figure out a way to prove this before he can hurt anyone, and I think I have an idea," Anakin said. 

Anakin felt betrayed by his mentor he had known for years. He felt lied to. How could this have happened? How could he not have noticed? Why didn't he believe Saasha when she first suggested this, or at least look into it? 

He then remembered something Obi-Wan had told him after his mother died, 'you can't change the past, only the future,' and that's exactly what he is going to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here you go Mar17209 😂

I can't believe they removed 'Jeans Guy' from the episode😔

This one may have taken it a bit too far...

I'm sorry. I just can't 😂