Chapter 9

Obi-Wan stood up and looked at Anakin who nodded his head, confirming it was true.

Saasha had removed her gaze from Obi-Wan and landed on the stars on the other side of the large window.

"Saasha, you can go have a look. You're safe here I promise." Anakin reassured.

She hesitantly walked over to the large windows. When she approached it, she put her hand to the cold glass, awestruck by space's beauty. Sure she had seen the stars in the sky from her planet, but she had never been amongst the stars!

"I can take her to the Med Bay to check her midichlorian count," Anakin offered.

Obi-Wan nodded, "Let me know the results." He said. "I will," Anakin replied, walking over to join Saasha at the window.

She was so focused on the stars she didn't hear someone approach her till they suddenly spoke.

"Pretty cool, isn't it?" he said. She slightly jumped as she was pulled from her thoughts.

"It's beautiful," she breathed. "You can look at the stars more later though Squirt, we have somewhere to be," he said as he started walking away from the glass. She followed him, taking one more look at the stars.

They boarded the lift, "Can I press the button this time?" she asked eagerly. "Knock yourself out, push that one." he pointed to the correct floor and smiled at her enjoyment.

"We're on our way to the med-bay Kix, mind meeting us there?" Anakin spoke into his comm.

Saasha instantly shot him a confused look. "Yes sir, everything okay?" he asked. "Yes, everything's fine. I'll explain when we get there," he replied and ended the call.

He would normally trust Obi-Wan's medic, but since Saasha was already familiar with Kix he thought it would be easier.

"Why are we going to the med-bay?" she asked clearly confused.

"We just want to do a small blood test. It will only take a minute." he calmy said.

"A blood test?! Does it hurt?!" she asked suddenly very concerned. Growing up in a remote village on Scarif didn't lead them to have a ton of medical technology. 

"No, it doesn't really hurt and it will be over in no time," he said putting his hand on her shoulder to offer some comfort.

Suddenly a slightly mischievous smile crossed her lips, "If I do this without complaining, can I get ice cream?" she asked, her eyes sparkling at the thought of the treat.

She had only eaten it a couple of times, as it's pretty hard to keep frozen food on Scarif, but it was her favourite treat.

"Fine. If there is no complaining AND no escape attempts, you can have ice cream," he sighed. He wasn't sure if Saasha would try to escape or not, but remembering Ahsoka, she ALWAYS tried to find a way out of the med-bay, and most of the time she succeeded, that is until Kix would find her and drag her back. 

"Yes," she whispered to herself, already tasting the sweet, cold treat on her tongue.

They arrived at the Med-Bay not too long later and were greeted by Kix. They walked through the white halls and Saasha thought she might go blind by the time they reached the room. When they did reach the room, she waited for directions.

"You can take a seat up there, Kid," Kix said, pointing to the examination table as he left the room to grab something.

She climbed up on the tall structure and sat patiently, nervously fidgeting with her fingers.

"Relax, Squirt. I promise it doesn't really hurt." Anakin said crossing his arms, giving her a comforting grin.

Before she could reply, Kix returned. He wiped down one of her fingers with something that smelled like the disinfectant he used on Scarif, except this time it didn't sting because there was no open wound.

"This will just feel like a pinch ok," Kix assured. She looked away and squeezed her eyes shut. She waited a couple of moments but other than a pinch she didn't really feel anything.

"All done," he said. She looked down confused and saw a small amount of blood on the tip of her finger.

"That didn't hurt at all," she said shocked. "Told you," Anakin said giving her another grin.

Once Kix was done, he put a light wrapping on it to stop and further blood from escaping.

"Mind if I check your arm again kid?" he asked. "Go ahead," she replied.

After her arm was unwrapped, she could see her wound was almost healed. After it was wrapped again and she was free to go, she hopped off the table.

"Thanks, Kix," Anakin said as Saasha pulled on his arm, dragging their butts out of there as fast as possible. "Anytime sir."

"I guess I promised you ice cream, follow me," he said playfully rolling his eyes as she started rubbing her hands together and sticking her tongue out, imaging the frozen treat.

When they reached the mess hall, the doors swooshed open and revealed lots of clones, most of which she didn't recognize. Some were sitting at the tables eating and talking, and some were waiting in line for food.

She shrunk back behind Anakin as she wasn't used to all the new faces, especially since there were so many of them.

"C'mon Squirt, let's get in line," Anakin said walking towards the line. She followed him and in front of them was Fives and Echo.
"Hey, Kid." They said in sync. She immediately smiled at the familiar faces.

"Hello," she replied. 

"What kind of ice cream do you want?" Anakin asked.

"There are different flavours?!" She asked astonished.

"Yep!" Fives replied, containing his chuckle. She was starting to already work her way in the 501st's hearts, and they had only known her for a couple of days.

"You can either have chocolate or vanilla. Which would you like?" Anakin asked as they moved farther up the line.

"Hmmmmm," She asked, placing her hand on her chin.

Anakin chuckled as it is what Obi-Wan does all the time, except he has a beard.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing. It's just when you put your hand on your chin like that, it looks like what Obi-Wan does all the time." She just shrugged, still contemplating which flavour.

"I'll have chocolate." She determined. They reached the front of the line and she was handed the chocolate ice cream.

She followed Anakin to a table, proudly carrying her prized ice cream. They sat with some of the clones she met on Scarif and some new faces to her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hopefully, this book will get a bit more exciting after the time-skip, which is going to happen soon. 

Random but what are y'all's favourite kind of ice cream? I like cookies'n cream!

Here's another meme. This one's kinda sad but it's so accurate that it gave me a bit of a laugh.

 This one's kinda sad but it's so accurate that it gave me a bit of a laugh

Anyway, I hope you guys are doing well!