Chapter 10

They arrived on Coruscant a couple of hours later.

Anakin and the clones had taken the time while in hyperspace to show Saasha around the ship, including racing down the halls and piggyback rides.

When the big ramp to The Negotiator opened, her ears were filled with millions of loud and busy sounds. She was slightly taken aback by how different this planet seemed from Scarif just by its noises.

Anakin sensed she was a bit overwhelmed and gently put his hand on her back.

She followed him down the ramp towards a tall and large building. It had pillars on the exterior and very high ceilings inside. It didn't really match the skyscrapers and traffic all around it. She could already tell this building felt, calm. 

They walked through the halls, her feet hitting the cold stone floor. It was quite a different feeling than warm, grainy sand. She never wore shoes on Scarif, no one in her village did, that's just the way she grew up. She was used to the coarse feelings of the rocks and coral on her feet as well as the dense feeling from the jungle plants and soil. 

She stared up at the beautiful structure of the building, and how peaceful it seemed. The elegant marble patterns swirling around her, reminding her of the ripples in the ocean. 

They reached the council chambers not too long later however before they entered, Anakin pulled Saasha aside, as he knew she wasn't fond of meeting new people.

"Saasha, the people in the room are all Jedi, ok. They won't hurt you, I promise," he said.

She looked into his light blue eyes and nodded in response. She followed him into the room once the large doors creaked open.

She saw Obi-Wan sitting in a chair but her and Anakin stood in the middle of the room, a strange silence fell over them for a couple of moments and Saasha could feel the council's eyes on her. There were large windows behind the council members and she could see lots of speeders zipping every which way. 

Anakin was about to speak, but Yoda beat him to it, "Made a new friend, you have, hm." Master Yoda asked, amusement in the old Jedi's tone.

"Well, Masters, this is Saasha Ryn. Her village was unfortunately attacked, she was the only survivor. However I am guessing the Separitists won't be going back to Scarif anytime soon." he reported.

"And why is that Skywalker?" Master Mundi asked.

"The Separitists were after Saasha, once they realize she's not there anymore, I would guess they will leave Scarif alone." he responded.

"Do you know why they were after you Ryn?" Master Plo asked gently. She nodded her head in response, but Anakin answered the question for her, as he could sense she didn't feel like explaining.

"She is force sensitive. My guess is that since Scarif is pretty remote and isn't sided with the Republic, the Separatists thought she would an easy target." Anakin explained, "I think that it would be a good idea to have her train to become a Jedi, she would be safe here." Anakin added.

"I don't think that's a good idea. She is much too old." Windu replied, crossing his arms while dismissing the idea. 

"She is around my age when I was brought into the Order," Anakin argued.

"Yes, but that was because of.....different circumstances." Windu countered.

Anakin knew exactly what 'different circumstances' meant, that he was the supposed 'chosen one.' That didn't make Saasha any less special or any less deserving in his mind.

This time Obi-Wan spoke up, "If we don't take her in, the Separatists might take her, as she will still be an easy target." he said, stroking his beard.

"You took me in at this age, I turned out fine," Anakin said, grinning, to which Windu raised his eyebrow. Saasha quietly giggled at Windu's response.

"If take her in, we do, work very hard, she must," Yoda said.

"Is that something you think you will be prepared for Saasha?" Shaak asked gently.

She didn't have anything else. There was nothing left for her on Scarif or anywhere else in the galaxy. She didn't have any family left, except for Ashton, but she wasn't sure if he was even still alive or where he was. She felt safe in the walls of the temple and felt light all around her, the same light her mother gave off.

After a moment of thought, she replied, "Yes." confidently.

"Very well, then. Train to become a Jedi, she will." Yoda concluded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 chapters in one day! What can I say? I was really in the mood to edit these chapters.

The meme does not belong to me but is hilarious in my opinion.