Chapter 12

They had arrived back on Coruscant after the mission on Felucia, and Saasha was exhausted. She had stayed up late last night, training and studying. Scratch that. She had been up late every night for the past week. To say the least, she didn't get much sleep, and that, combined with the adrenaline where-off, caused her eyelids to become slightly heavier.

She wasn't sure if Anakin knew or not about her sleep "schedule" the past week. She was hoping not. If he found out, he would make her go to bed a lot earlier when she could be doing something important and productive like studying or training.

Saasha couldn't sleep now though, as she was seated in a speeder next to Anakin, soaring through the Coruscant night sky. Bright lights were splotched everywhere, and it was hard to see the stars above with all the city lights interfering. However, if Saasha looked closely, she could make out some small white dots in the endless dark navy sky.

"Something on your mind, Squirt?" Anakin asked. Saasha was so tired that she was a lot quieter than usual. She removed her gaze from the speeders below and looked forward over the dash of the speeder.

They were headed back to the temple after visiting Padme after returning from their mission, why, she wasn't quite sure.

Over the year of being Anakin's padawan, she has found that Anakin and Padme liked spending a lot of time together.

Ever since Anakin had first introduced her to Padme, which was the day she got to Coruscant, she had taken Saasha under her wing. She was close with Padme, just like she was with the clones and Anakin.

However, when she first met Padme, she tried not to get too attached to her, as the last thing she wanted was to have to deal with the loss of her mother a second time, which became impossible because Padme was an ultimate mother figure, which she actually liked over time.  

She went to Padme anytime she needed help with her studies if Anakin couldn't. She would talk with Padme if she needed someone to talk to if Anakin and the 501st were away on a mission or busy, or if she just wanted another girl to talk to.

Anakin claimed he and Padme were 'just friends,' but anyone with common sense could tell that was a lie. She decided to keep her mouth shut though.

She shook her head in response to Anakin's question. "Why are you so quiet then? You're always talking," he said with a smirk.

She looked at him and raised an eyebrow before replying, "Excuse me," she laughed. Anakin chuckled and looked back at where he was going.

"I'm just tired. The battle, you know. Tiring," she lied, well partially lied.

"You mean you were up late training and studying again," he stated, not even taking his eyes off where he was driving.

Saasha sighed in defeat, "How did you know?"

 "Rex told me. He was up late as well, finishing reports. You're going to bed when we get back."

"I can't believe Rex snitched on me." she groaned. "How come he gets to stay up late to work but I don't? I have more studying and training to do." she protested.

"Well, for starters, you are a teenager not an adult, my young padawan," he responded, emphasizing the last part. "You can study tomorrow. Unless if an unexpected mission comes up, we have tomorrow off." he continued as they parked outside the temple.

She rolled her eyes, knowing she would not win this one and followed him to the entrance. In a way, she was kind of happy to have an excuse to sleep, but she was stressed as her temple studies were starting to pile up, and she didn't like how Anakin treated her like a little kid sometimes. She knew he did it because he cared for her, but it got annoying sometimes.

They rode the elevator car up to the floor on which their quarters sat.

The door to the elevator swooshed open and they followed the hall down to their quarters. Once inside, Saasha could feel her eyelids slowly getting heavier from the exhaustion. She went to her room and changed into a bit more comfortable clothes; however, her eyes kept landing on her cozy bed. 'I'll just lay down for a minute,' she told herself. A minute, however, resulted in her falling fast asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The cloaked figure's blue frame appeared in front of the somewhat elderly man. Dooku waited for his Master to explain the reason for this last-minute call.

"I have tried to adapt my plans for 7 years since this child has intervened. It is not working. Too much is at stake for my plan to be at risk. Too many years of carefully crafting and executing my brilliant plan. It will not be ruined by some child that happens to come along." Sideous growled. "I already dealt with Skywalkers other pet years ago, and I didn't account for another. Get rid of her. Permanently." The evil man's voice whispered over the room.

"It will be done," Dooku assured before Palpatine ended the transmission.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is your chapterly meme:

Who's coming to Tatooine?!

If you guys were able to go to Tatooine, what would be the first thing you would do?

(Meme does not belong to me)