Chapter 7

"Rex, load up the ship. We have to leave now!" Anakin said while Saasha was standing up from her spot on the beach. "Right away, Sir," Rex replied.

Anakin put his hand on her shoulder and gently nudged her to give her the 'go-ahead' to start running to the ship. She took off running through the trees with Anakin hot on her tail.

They reached the site and found that about half the contents were loaded onto the ship. "Saasha, help load the crates," Anakin said while activating the hover feature (I don't know if that's what it's called) on the crate for easy transport. 

She nodded and copied his action. A couple of minutes later, they were loading the last crates when blaster fire lit up the ground in front of them from the ships above, dirt flying everywhere. "Time to leave," Anakin said, ushering the last crate into the ship.

"I hope we aren't too late getting outta here." he then said, hopping into the pilot's seat and pressing buttons on the control panel. 

Suddenly a big jerking motion shook the ship. Saasha, who was standing behind Anakin, grabbed onto the back of his seat as the ship shook. 

She was observing the ship, as she had never been in one before. She had seen ships come and go from Scarif but never been in one, let alone in space. "Someone get on guns!" Anakin shouted as the ship lifted off the ground. Some of the clones ran out of the cockpit.

After only a couple of moments of Anakin's flying maneuvers, Saasha got the memo to take a seat, which she gladly did. She watched as ships in the sky in front of her blew into a million pieces and lasers coated the black abyss. 

Just as they were leaving the planet's atmosphere, a droid got a lucky shot and hit the ship again. 

"R2, set the coordinates to Obi Wan's fleet and so we can jump to hyperspace!" Anakin shouted, frantically stabilizing the ship. The droid replied with a series of beeps and did as he was told. 

"Almost done, buddy?" Anakin asked after the ship took another shot. Luckily the shots that had managed to hit the ship didn't do too much damage. 

He chirped some more beeps before giving the signal to jump to hyperspace. Anakin immediately pulled the lever, and they shot into hyperspace. 

"Woah," she whispered in awe, gazing at the star streaks in the windshield.

"You haven't been in space before?" Fives asked from another seat. She shook her head, eyes fixed on the beautiful stars, "I haven't even been on a ship before." "Really?" Hardcase asked. "First time," she replied.

"General, why are we going to General Kenobi's fleet and not yours?" Echo asked, looking at the coordinates. "Obi Wan's fleet is closer than ours, and we need to get to a fleet if these droids try to hunt us down again," he explained. 

"Who is General Kenobi?" she asked. 

"He is my master," Anakin said, looking over his shoulder at the girl behind him. 

Her eyes widened, "He's a Jedi too?" she asked. Anakin smiled and nodded his head before turning back to the control panel. 

"It won't be too long till we get to his fleet. I have to call General Kenobi to let him know. You okay here?" he asked. She nodded, looking back at the stars. Anakin then left the cockpit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is everything all right, Anakin?" the blue transmission of Obi-Wan asked. "Well, sort of," he replied, scratching the back of his head. 

"What did you do?" Obi-Wan asked, crossing his arms, not sounding impressed. "We found out why the Separatists were on Scarif." Anakin started. "So, they were on Scarif," Obi-Wan stroked his beard. 

"Yes, they were after someone. We have them safe with us." "Who are they, and why were the Separatists targeting them?" he asked, confused. 

Just then, Anakin heard a blaster fire outside the room, "I'll tell you when I reach your fleet, we'll be there soon." he replied and ended the transmission before Obi-Wan could question him even more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ever play holochess before, kid?" Jesse asked. She shook her head and followed the clones out of the cockpit. 

She sat down at a circular table across from him as he explained the rules of the game. While playing some practice rounds, the others were cleaning their blasters and talking. 

Hardcase forgot to put his gun on safety, however, and a blaster shot flew across the room and into a wall, thankfully not hurting anyone. 

Saasha, however, jumped at the very sudden familiar and alarming sound, pulling her knees up to her chest and burying her head inside. 

Hardcase immediately switched the gun to safety as Rex ran to check on her. "Your safe, kid. It was just an accident," he explained, putting a hand on her shoulder. She raised her head from her knees and carefully looked around the room, just to be sure. 

Once she was satisfied that it was indeed an accident, she went back to normally sitting in her seat. "Sorry," Hardcase apologized, seeing how much that sacred the girl. "It's okay, it was just an accident," she said as a swoosh noise came from a door, and Anakin appeared, hand near the lightsaber on his waist. 

"What happened?" he asked, still cautious, although everyone seemed to be fine. "Just an accidental fire, Sir," Fives explained. 

Anakin relaxed and sat beside Saasha on the bench. "You just learning?" he asked her. She nodded, contemplating her next move. Anakin whispered advice to her. She nodded and did as he had suggested, currently putting her in the lead. 

"Hey! That's cheating!" Jesse playfully whined. She giggled, which make Anakin chuckle as well. 

"Sir, we're almost there," Rex said, emerging from the cockpit. Anakin nodded and stood up to head to the cockpit. 

Saasha stood up as well, "We'll have to continue the game later," she smiled at him, happy she was for once in the lead. 

"Sure thing," Jesse said, also walking to the cockpit. Saasha watched as the star streaks transformed back into shining dots all around her. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Meme does not belong to me)