Chapter 34 - The End

"You won't kill me, Skywalker. It is not the Jedi way to kill an unarmed man." Palpatine said after his little chuckle. As he spoke, the sound of lightsaber hilts hitting the floor ricocheted off the walls and crates around the two as the Sith released them from his clutches.

"If you kill me, it will only prove that you are capable of embracing the Dark Side of the force," he continued.

Anakin's eyes held anger in them because he knew the Sith was right. If he killed him right here and now out of anger, the Dark Side would consume him farther and there then might be no turning back.

Suddenly, before Anakin could reply or make any further moves, a teal lightsaber pierced through the chest of the Sith. The lightsaber then vanished, and the Chancellor fell to the floor.

Anakin was so in shock that he hadn't comprehended what had happened until he saw Saasha standing on the other side of where Palpatine had stood.

Her lightsaber clattered to the floor.

She was breathing heavily and stared at the ground. Anakin could see that her hands were shaking like leaves in the wind.

Saasha couldn't stand killing. She hated it, no matter who it was. She hated being responsible for taking someone's life.

Anakin walked up to her and pulled her close. She returned the hug, and they stood there in silence, holding onto their sibling.

Saasha was finely safe.

"I'm sorry," she finally whispered. She knew killing an unarmed man was not what she was taught to do, but she didn't have a choice.

"It's ok. You did the right thing," Anakin softly reassured.

"Everything is going to be ok," he breathed a sigh of relief that this mess was finally over.

With Palpatine gone, the war should come to a close soon, and real peace will finally be restored.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank you, Ahsoka, for your help," Saasha said as she shook the Togruta's hand.

"You're welcome, Saasha," she replied. Saasha pulled the woman into a small hug, and she returned the gesture.

"Are you sure you can't stay?" Saasha asked as they pulled away from each other. Ahsoka had her hands planted on the teen's shoulders in front of her as she spoke, "I can not. But I will come back to visit and help the next time Anakin gets into trouble," she smiled.

Saasha laughed and pulled her into one more quick embrace before saying their final goodbyes.

"Bye, Snips. Hopefully, I'll see you around." Anakin grinned. She nodded in response with a smile on her face as well.

"I'll see you soon, Skyguy," she replied as she made her way to the temple steps, leaving the grand building behind her.

"Goodbye!" Saasha waved as Ahsoka approached the steps of the temple. Saasha stood beside Anakin as the sun had started to set on Coruscant.

Ahsoka turned her head around to face them before replying, "May the force be with you." She then walked down the steps of the temple and vanished into crowds of Coruscant.

The End.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that's a wrap! I hope you guys enjoyed my book, but this isn't the end! I will be making extra scenes (basically one-shots) that take place throughout my book so stay tuned for those! I probably won't update those as often though. 

Of course, I want to thank each and every one of you for the support on my book(s)! I can't thank you all enough!

⬆️Don't ask me what this is, cause I have no idea, but it's adorable.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝕊𝕙𝕒𝕕𝕠𝕨 𝕄𝕖𝕟𝕒𝕔𝕖 ~ ℂ𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕎𝕒𝕣𝕤 🎉