Chapter 32

She waited for the scorching hot blade to penetrate her, but it didn't come. Instead, she heard the familiar sound of lightsabers locking. She peeked one of her eyes open, and a white blade was stopping the red one from slicing through her, right in front of her face. She could feel the heat from the sabres above her, close to her face.

"You..." Palpatine spat at the figure that prevented his slash from following through. He removed his blade from the lock and started a sequence of attacks directed towards the Togruta.

She defended herself, and their blades locked again, both of them putting all their strength to use.

"Are you surprised, Chancellor?" She replied to him. Palpatine just growled at her as she pulled her blades from the lock and flipped over him while attempting to slash his back. He blocked again and started dealing more blows to her.

Ahsoka quickly blocked all his attacks with her two sabres. She kept exchanging slashes at the Sith, but he unfortunately blocked all of them.

Palpatine's attacks were vicious, powerful and well-controlled, but so were Ahsoka's.

At first, Ahsoka was surprised at how agile the old man was, but then she remembered who she was duelling.

The duel had gone on for a couple of minutes, and neither one of them were winning nor losing.

The Sith managed to push the Togruta back, but she dug her lightsabers into the floor to slow her slide.

She pulled her blades from the ground and held them in front of her, ready to strike another series of attacks.

She was about to lunge back at him when 2 lightsaber ignitions could be heard beside her, and she saw a blue tint out of the corner of her eye.

Obi-Wan and Anakin stood beside her, Anakin with a murderous expression on his face.

When he saw Saasha sitting against a bookshelf on the ground though, he quickly sprinted over to her, leaving Obi-Wan to help Ahsoka in the duel.

"I'm ok. Go help them," Saasha croaked as soon as Anakin approached her. Once he quickly looked her over and was satisfied she wasn't visibly hurt, he nodded and joined the other two in the fight.

Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka worked together to place attacks on the deadly Sith, just like old times.

Sideous was getting fed up. This wasn't working; he needed to make an adjustment to the plan. He needed to get Skywalker alone.

The Sith force-pushed the three of them back and sprinted off through the archives.

"Spilt up!" Anakin said as they rose to their feet. The other two nodded.

Anakin darted after him while Obi-Wan went to the right side of the archives and Ahsoka went to the left.

Anakin felt anger pulsing through his veins. He let this happen to her. 'How could I be so blind?!' He thought, frustrated with himself. He had to end this, once and for all.

The old man was sure fast as he continued to sprint—both of their heavy footsteps echoing against the silent archive walls.

He followed the Chancellor into a large and dark room, and the door shut swiftly behind him. There were large crates scattered around the room, making it the perfect hiding spot for the Sith.

Anakin re-ignited his lightsaber to use as a light source and started to cautiously walk around the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~