Chapter 14

Saasha's comlink on her wrist flashed and beeped. She was walking around the temple garden for a breath of fresh air; it was early afternoon now.

"Saasha, meet me in the hangar. We got a mission; I'll brief you on the way," Anakin's familiar voice carried over the comm as she answered it.

"I thought we had today off," she groaned in reply. It's not that she doesn't like going on missions; she enjoys it most of the time, it's exciting for her. She just was looking forward to a bit of a break.

"I know me too. But we have a job to do," he replied.

"Ok, I'm on my way," she sighed and hung up. It was a good thing that she had changed into her Jedi clothes before she left for her walk. But she couldn't help but notice the knots in the bottom of her stomach tighten.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once Saasha reached the hangar, she spotted some members of the 501st gathered around The Twilight. Rex, Fives, Jesse and Kix were talking while boarding the ramp of the ship.

She sprinted forward towards the ship, her lightsaber gently hitting against her waist while fastened to her belt.

She wanted to tell Anakin about her nightmare/vision, but what if she just was making a big deal out of nothing. She decided to keep quiet about it for now. Anakin probably had a lot on his mind with the mission anyway.

She entered the ship and stood in the corner of the cockpit while Anakin lifted the ship off the ground and prepared it for hyperspace. Rex was sitting in the co-pilot seat while the rest of the clones were in the small hangar of The Twilight.

Suddenly, brief flashes of her nightmare from last night consumed her vision like a whirlwind. They were rapid-fire; she could only see them for a moment. The only new things she could make out was a sniper and a smaller blaster, and of course the sound of gunfire, once again tightening the knots that were settled in the pit on her stomach. 

She steadied herself against the wall beside her as she was ripped from the images and shut her eyes.

Rex had stood up to join his brothers in the hangar and noticed her gripping the wall of the cockpit with her eyes shut tight. "Kid, are you ok?" He asked as he cautiously approached her.
She opened her eyes and let go of the wall a second later, "Yeah, I'm ok. Just tired, didn't sleep well last night." He gave her the sarcastic 'sure' look but dropped it.

She sat down on the co-pilot seat that Rex had left open. It was only her and Anakin in the cockpit now. She connected with the force to try to calm her nerves when she jumped in her seat as the sudden sound of a gunshot pierced through her ears again, but no images. She bolted up and turned around, facing the cockpit entrance. Lightsaber clutched between her sweaty fingers, ready to ignite at any given moment. 

"Saasha wha-" "Did you hear that?" she interrupted, her feet frozen to the floor as if they were in quicksand. "Hear what?" he asked. "The-the gunshot." she stuttered. He looked at her with a confused expression pasted all over his face. "Stop messing around, Squirt," he said and returned to facing the dashboard. 'I'm going crazy! Is the force trying to tell me something because I don't want to listen or is this just me being uptight?' she thought to herself. 

She reattached her lightsaber to her belt and plopped back down in her seat. As much as Saasha liked to joke around, this time, he could feel confusion and nervousness flood her like a waterfall. He sighed, "Listen, I know something is really bothering you. Wouldn't it just help to talk about it?" he suggested as he launched the ship into hyperspace.

She leaned farther back in her seat, thinking about what was the best thing to do. This vision or nightmare, most likely vision, was getting out of hand. She hated being uptight and nervous all day. Her gut was telling her something was wrong, but she didn't want to believe it. 

"Fine," she sighed. "I had a nightmare last night and it felt so real. Normally I would leave at just that, a nightmare, but I had another nightmare of the same thing before I woke up this morning, and I had flashes from the nightmare a couple of minutes ago. I don't know if all these are warnings - a vision - that something is gonna happen, or if I'm just paranoid. I feel in my gut that something bad is gonna happen, but what if I'm just nervous and it's a stupid nightmare?" 

In a way, it felt good to get this off her chest. She had only been carrying this burden a day, but she was tired of it. Why can't it just be a normal mission?

After a moment of thinking, Anakin was about to speak when Rex returned to the cockpit to remind Anakin of the mission briefing. "We can talk about this after, but I promise I won't let anything happen to us," he reassured, placing his hand on her shoulder as they stood from their seats. It helped her feel a bit better. It was times like these that made Anakin feel like her actual big brother, like she had known him all her life. He reminded her of Ashton in a way; she thought as they walked to the small hangar in The Twilight. Overprotective and annoying sometimes, but they were both always caring and making her laugh. 

"Alright. We are going to Geonosis," Anakin started once they were all together. Saasha's stomach of knots grew yet again. Geonosis matched the landscape of the terrain in her 'vision.' At this point, she assumed it would be safer to pretend it was a vision to help keep her alert.

"There's a new droid factory being built. Our job is just to scout, no attack or engagement. We need to find information about the base from the outside if the council is to send Jedi to destroy it. Hopefully, an easy mission." She wished he hadn't said that because every time he does, it turns out to be anything but easy. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There she was, reliving her vision. Walking with some of the 501st and Anakin down an orange, dusty canyon. Her shoes had souls on them, but they were open-toed with only the criss-cross pattern of the material to cover the top of her feet, like sandals. That meant all the dusty grime was making its way between Saasha's toes. She was sort of used to the feeling though, and it didn't really both her, growing up on a beach and all.

She suddenly felt the presence of an unknown figure, not a droid or animal, but she couldn't sense from where. "Wait," she whispered, pulling out her lightsaber, ready to ignite the teal blade at any moment to protect her brothers, or herself. The clones immediately pulled their guns to ready and Anakin removed his lightsaber hilt from his waist as well. They stood for a moment, waiting for the danger to strike.

A shrieking gunshot soared through the air, directly at Saasha's head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You gotta love memes.

(As always, meme does not belong to me

(As always, meme does not belong to me.)