Chapter 13

I was thinking about changing this book's name to 'Shadow Menace.' Should I keep it what it is, or should I change it to 'Shadow Menace' or change it to something else?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She, along with Anakin and the 501st were walking, but everything else was too blurry to make out. An uneasy feeling was rising in her stomach. She could sense danger but didn't know where, when or who they were aiming for. Suddenly, a shot rang out, and she heard a cry. But the nightmare ended before she could see who the victim was.

Saasha's eyes shot open, the rise and fall of her chest fast and her breathing heavy. She calmed herself after a couple of moments and sat up in her bed, gently pinching the bridge of her nose and closing her eyes. She couldn't make out if this was a vision or simply just a bad dream. Her heart wanted to say it was a bad dream, but her gut told her otherwise.

She looked over to her clock on her bedside table, and it read almost 3:30 am. She sighed, knowing she wasn't going to fall back asleep again anytime soon. She quietly got out of bed and tiptoed to the washroom. She could hear Anakin snoring like a dying bantha in his room, which caused a small smile to spread across her face at the thought.

She shut the door to the washroom behind her and washed her face. After, she undid her low ponytail in her hair - which she usually wears at night - and her long blonde hair fell in front of her shoulders like a waterfall of gold. She decided to do something quick and fairly easy. Two braids that formed into ponytails, leaving the rest of her silky hair down.

(Saasha's hair is blonde, which you probably know already)

She then silently strolled to the kitchen table, careful not to wake Anakin, and continued her studies

She then silently strolled to the kitchen table, careful not to wake Anakin, and continued her studies. She didn't notice her eyelids closing and her head slowly slumping onto her books on the table.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anakin awoke to see that his clock read exactly 7:00 am. He got dressed for the day and left his room to head to the kitchen to make himself a cup of coffee. However, he did not expect Saasha to be casually snoozing at the kitchen table, using her books as a pillow. He was about to wake her but decided against it, as she has had a long and hard week. He made himself his cup of coffee and sat on the couch, reading through the news.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sand. Rock. Dust. Walls. Canyon! Saasha finally made out as the fogginess was slightly lifted from her previous dream. She was still with Anakin and the 501st, travelling by foot through the orange, dusty terrain. A shot could be heard. No one cried this time. Suddenly she was gone. It was just Anakin and the 501st in the canyon. Another shot was heard, but everything faded as this time, a cry bounced against the canyon walls.

"No!" Saasha whispered-shouted as she emerged from her slumber. She picked her head off her books, only for her eyes to be met by the blinding sun peeking through the window in front of her.

"You ok?" she heard a voice behind her which almost made her jump out of her skin. She realized who the familiar voice belonged to after a moment, but her jump at his presence did not go unnoticed by Anakin. "Relax, Squirt. It's just me."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." she lied, getting up to get a glass of water from their kitchenette as she saw Anakin sitting on the couch, looking at the news. He knew she was lying but decided to drop it for now.

"I see you chose to ignore me and study all night anyway," he said, unimpressed.

"Yeah, sorry, I just really need to study," she said, trying to making it the most convincing she could. Although she was saying she disobeyed, she really didn't want to explain her nightmare, or vision, or whatever it was. She just didn't want to think about it.

Anakin could yet again sense she was lying and gave her a confused look. If she was willing to say she disobeyed to cover something else up, something was wrong. "You're a terrible liar. Now, what's wrong," he said, setting down his datapad and standing from the couch, hoping she would just spill it as something was obviously bothering her.

"Look, nothing. Just drop it, please," she said, setting her glass in the sink.

"Fine. But Saasha, you know if you want to talk about something, you have people to talk to. Me, the 501st, Padme, Obi-Wan," he went on.

"I know," she sighed, putting her hands on the table and leaning her shoulder weight on them. "I just...don't feel like talking right now. Besides, it's nothing," she said, now sitting back down at her seat at the table and resuming her work. 

She knew she had trusty worthy people to talk to, and she was grateful. She just couldn't shake the uneasiness in the pit of her stomach, and she didn't want that to get worse. She figured that if she didn't talk about it and tried not to think about it, the feeling would go away eventually.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No hate if you like Luminara! I just found it funny cause she was kind of like "Well, screw them" lol

No hate if you like Luminara! I just found it funny cause she was kind of like "Well, screw them" lol. (As always, meme does not belong to me.)