Chapter 28

Saasha sat on the couch of her and Anakin's shared quarters, Ahsoka was seated on the chair.

Saasha was attempting to do a simple braid to get her hair off her neck, but it just was not working out. Ahsoka noticed this, "Would you like some help?" she asked kindly.

"Sure," she replied.

Ahsoka rose from her seat and stood behind the couch on which Saasha was seated. Ahsoka picked up the brush that was seated next to her and gently glided it through the teen's long hair, just like the way Saasha's mother used to when she was little.

After, Saasha could feel Ahsoka's delicate fingers twirl through her hair, picking up new strands of hair each time.

Ahsoka learned how to braid when she was a youngling in the temple. She obviously couldn't braid her own hair since she didn't have any, but she would practice on her friends.

"Where are you from, Saasha?" Ahsoka asked as she continued to braid.

"Scarif. Are you from Shili?" she asked. She had learned about tons of planets in her studies, and she remembered that many Togrutas were from there.

"Yes, I am."

There was a couple of moments of silence before Ahsoka continued.

"Can I ask you a question, Saasha?" Ahsoka spoke. Her voice always seemed calm, which helped keep Saasha calm while she was going through this mess.

"Fire away," she replied.

"Why did you get anxious when Anakin mentioned the Chancellor?"

Saasha didn't respond for a minute, but Ahsoka was patient and waited for her to explain when she was ready.

"I...I guess I just don't fully trust the man." she finally replied. Ahsoka didn't blame her, she didn't trust Palpatine either, but she wanted to hear why from her point of view.

"And why is that?"

"He just...I'm not fully convinced he doesn't have anything to do with the attacks."

When Ahsoka didn't reply, Saasha continued, "He was the only person that could have known that Anakin and I went to Geonosis." she shuddered at the memory of the blaster bolts firing towards her.

"What happened on Geonosis?"

"I was attacked; that's why I'm wearing this sling. I had been having visions before then of someone being shot, but I didn't know it was going to be me. I was lucky Anakin and the clones were there to save my shebs. Padme and the council knew where we were going, but we don't think it was them, or at least I don't think they could do something like this, especially Padme." Saasha explained.

Ahsoka finished the braid as Saasha was talking, a long braid that fell on her chest.

Saasha continued the story, "The Chancellor was kind of close when Anakin told Padme, but the only way he could have heard was if

Saasha continued the story, "The Chancellor was kind of close when Anakin told Padme, but the only way he could have heard was if..."

"He was force sensitive." Ahsoka finished, putting her hand on her chin.

"I think we need to have a discussion with Anakin and Obi-Wan," Saasha concluded. She and Anakin were supposed to speak with him a couple of days ago, but that got lost in all the other things that were going on, especially since Obi-Wan was busy a lot of the time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Welcome, my boy." The Chancellor greeted as Anakin walked into his office.

"Your Excellency," Anakin bowed before sitting down.

"Have you gathered any updates on your padawan's case?" the Chancellor asked.

Anakin sighed before replying, "Not really, no."

"That is unfortunate. I ensure the senate is doing everything they can to investigate this situation," Palpatine responded.

"Thank you," Anakin replied. He was mentally exhausted. He just needed this to be over, for Saasha to be safe so he doesn't have to worry that something will happen to her when he isn't around.

Palpatine was running out of time, and after every hour, his plan became more in vain. He needed to strike, now. His plan originally included something different, but this alteration might work just as well. 

"I know you are close to her. I think I might have a solution to how you can prevent her death."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How have you guys been doing lately? :)