Chapter 18

(I know Ventress was already betrayed by Dooku but it hasn't happened yet in my story!)

"So, a Jedi, huh?" Ashton asked as Saasha munched on her food. They were seated in Dex's Diner, enjoying their meal. Obi-Wan had first taken her here when she was a youngling, and she's been in love with the food here ever since. It was much better than the temple food and the rations they were given.

"Yep. When our village was destroyed, Anakin, the Jedi you met earlier, found me and the Jedi took me in." She replied in between bites, "What have you been up to all these years?"

"Well, mostly working, I guess."

"What's your job?" She asked.

"I build and repair farming equipment and machines on Taanab." He said, followed by Saasha nodding her head. It didn't really surprise her, he was always trying to build stuff and was good with tools as a kid and teenager.

"And by the way, what happened to your arm?" He asked, looking at her bandaged arm held in the sling, somewhat covered by the table sitting between the two.

"Um...well... it's a long story. Basically, I was just shot during a mission." She said. She didn't really feel like telling him the whole story. Plus he would just worry even more if she did tell him the part that someone was trying to kill her.

"Just shot?" He asked, raising an eyebrow and looking down at her. She made it sound like being shot was no big deal, and maybe it wasn't for a Jedi. But as a mechanic, the chance of being shot was definitely not as high.

"Well, I'm gonna be fine. It's not that big of a deal." She shrugged her good shoulder.

"If you say so," he replied before biting into his food as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I have eyes on the target, Master. They are in a diner. Should I pursue?" the gravelly voice whispered.

"Do not attack yet. Wait for them to exit the building, and when they are alone in a more...hidden area, you may pursue. Discretely follow them until then." the low voice responded through the comm.

"As you wish, Master," they replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From the second they left the diner, Saasha could sense something was wrong, that someone was watching them. No, not them. Her.

They were walking through a decently long alley that was a shortcut to the train when it happened.

A pair of bright red blades suddenly landed at the end of the long alley, blocking their path.

"Ashton, listen to me. Take my commlink and call Anakin. Tell him these coordinates. Go back to Dex's." She whispered, not wasting any time as the red blades slowly started to grow closer.

"Absolutely not. I'm not leaving you by yourself, especially since you're injured." He protested.

"You're no help here. You need to go get help. If you stay here you'll get us both killed, you got it?" She said firmly while drawing her lightsaber hilt from her waist.

After a moment of hesitation, he nodded and took her comm. He sprinted back the way they had come and headed to Dex's, they weren't too far away from it.

She ignited her sparkling teal blade in her good hand and listened to the familiar hum noise it gave off.

"So, Skywalker has yet another pet. Did he tell you he abandoned the last one?" Whoever wielded the crimson blades sneered. She could tell it was a woman but she couldn't see what species as the alley was too dark and the lightsabers only gave off so much light. She could tell from the voice who it was though after a moment of thought. Ventress. She had never fought nor seen Ventress in person but she had heard about her and heard her voice in a hologram to the council once.

"Actually, he told me a much different side of the story, one I can actually believe because it's not coming from a Sith." She sassed back. "I'm guessing you're one of Dooku's many pawns?" She tried to stall.

"I'm much more than a pawn, brat!" Ventress scoffed.

"If you say so," Saasha said while removing her sling. It was just going to get in the way during their duel. She didn't want to but she would use her bad arm only if she absolutely had to.

She got into her fighting position, ready to defend or attack the deadly Sith.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ashton ran in large strides as fast as he could back to Dex's dinner. Once he had reached the doors which was a safe distance from the fight, he frantically activated the comm and called the Jedi who had found him and whom she seemed to be close to.

Someone picked up on the other end after a couple of moments, "Hey Saash-" "Anakin, Listen to me. It's Ashton, Saashas in trouble!"

"What do you mean Saashas in trouble? Where is she?" Panic and confusion instantly raising on the other end of the comm.

"Someone with two red lightsabers found us in an alley. Saasha forced me to leave and get help." Ashton fidgeted.

"Send me the coordinates. I'm on my way." Anakin said, concern lacing his voice before he ended the transmission.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good old classic Anakin and youngling meme

Did anyone else watch The Backyardigans as a kid? It was my favourite show when I was little lol

(Meme does not belong to me)