Define Perfection

___♪___

___♪___

Perfection (n): The state of being perfect.

"No one's perfect, not even the gods." 

___♪___

Percy stared at the numbers on the page, hoping they would somehow magically solve the equations by themselves. But no matter how long he stared, it was starting to become pretty clear that it wasn't going to happen.

This summer, his mom thought it would be best for him to catch up on his schoolwork. Sally Jackson used the very convincing argument of 'You can't live with me forever. You need to get out there and get a job.' That meant spending his only months free from school doing homework. Oh, the joy.

Growing tired of squirming around in his seat, Percy released the death grip he had on his pencil and walked over to his bed. When he first came to camp, one reason he chose this bed instead of the others was that it was right by the window. He pulled open the blinds and looked outside.

It was raining. Percy leaned on the cool glass of the window, listening to the rhythmic pounding of the raindrops. None of the campers were used to getting rain in the summer months. Chiron thought we needed a change in the atmosphere and told Dionysus to let in the rain, but to not let it get out of control.

Dionysus must have not heard the "out of control" part, because the rain was starting to fall like crazy, slamming into the window faster and faster. The campers that decided to brave the rain were now running back to the safety of the cabins. Lightning flashed through the sky, lighting up the shadows, and was soon followed by a rumble of thunder.

The lights were on in all the cabins. Everyone complained when Chiron said it would rain in the camp, but at least they weren't completely alone during the storm. They, at least, had their half-siblings. They would all be reading together, fighting each other, stealing from each other, and the other typical things each cabin does.

He sighed and went back to his homework. At least math was here to keep him company.

Another flash of lightning caused him to jump. The fact that Zeus doesn't exactly like him didn't make this storm all that enjoyable. Storms were Zeus's territory. The ocean was more his thing.

No one would be outside in that weather. That was why he was so surprised to hear a knock at the door. "Who is it?" he yelled.

"Just come open the door Seaweed Brain. It's freezing out here!"

Smiling, he stood up. Of course, only she would come visit him during the camps first -and probably last- thunderstorm. He opened the door to see a very wet and very angry Annabeth.

"What took you so long?" she asked, sounding annoyed. She ran inside, nearly knocking him over, and squeezed the water out of her hair.

"Hey! I'm not allowed to make a mess in your cabin. How come you get to make a mess here?" Percy pointed to the puddle of water she was making on the ground.

Annabeth shrugged. "You can easily clean this up. Dry me off while you're at it."

Rolling his eyes, he sat down on his bed and patted the space beside him, motioning to Annabeth to sit down. He watched her golden curls flop up and down as she did.

"You know, you could dry me off now. I'm still waiting." He found himself staring into her grey eyes. "What is it?" Annabeth asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You're staring at me right now. It's kind of creepy." He immediately looked away, staring at everything except her. He felt his cheeks starting to grow warm.

"Uh, is it hot in here or is it just me?" Percy asked, trying to say anything hoping it would make her forget what had just happened. At least salvage the few seconds they had before he made everything awkward.

Annabeth laughed. "I think it's just you. I'm freezing," she said, gesturing at her wet clothes.

"You're so perfect," Percy blurted out without thinking. Annabeth stared at him questioningly, and he felt his already red cheeks growing redder. He probably just embarrassed himself in front of her. Neither of them said anything, and the silence began to sound awkwardly loud. "I mean," Percy said, "you're good at everything. Not to mention you're beautiful."

He made a mental note to punch himself in the face after Annabeth left. He made an already awkward situation worse. Why couldn't he learn to think before he speaks?

He watched Annabeth nervously, waiting for her reaction. To his relief, a smile gradually started to grow on her lips. "That's sweet of you to say, but we both know nobody's perfect. Everyone has flaws. Remember what I told you about my fatal flaw, hubris? No one's perfect, not even the gods."

What Annabeth said shocked him. Not even the gods. Only Annabeth would have the guts to say that. But looking at how the Poseidon cabin hadn't gotten struck by lightning yet, he figured Zeus was either too busy with the storm to care about what she had to say or suddenly became deaf.

He did have to agree with her though. Percy, more than anyone else, knew just how imperfect the gods could be.

He felt someone nudge him gently on his arm. He looked up to see Annabeth, waiting for his to say something. "Nobody's perfect," he finally agreed, "but you're the closest to it."

___♪___

well, this is the last update for this year people. 

next one's gonna be next year. 

so um see you next year 

thank you I love bye