Magicians Never Reveal Their Secrets

___ ♪___

 ___ ♪___

Percy has loved magic ever since his mom hired a magician for his fifth birthday party.

He was completely hypnotized by the magician's quick hands and how he could make things disappear and reappear right in front of him. His card tricks boggled Percy's mind and when he made a dove appear from a single flame of fire, that's when Percy knew he was hooked.

From that day forward, Percy wanted to be a magician.

He begged his mother to buy him a starter kit, to which she just couldn't say no. He practiced nearly every day, learning basic tricks and illusions that made his mother beam with pride every time he showed her.

By the time his sixth birthday came along, Percy had mastered enough tricks to do his own show. He invited his three best friends Jason, Leo, and Frank for his birthday party and performed for them. Naturally, the three boys were enamoured with Percy's skill and begged him to show them how he did each trick.

But Percy never revealed his tricks to anyone. Not even his mother. After all, a good magician never reveals his secrets.

That was rule number one in The Magician's Handbook.

By the time he turned seven, Percy's mother enrolled him in a summer camp that teaches kids about magic. Now, Percy may have been young, but he wasn't a fool. He knew that money was tight and that his mom saved up all year to send him to the camp. So he made sure he learned as much as he could so that he could show her how much he appreciated everything she's done for him.

Let's just say when he got home, Percy performed his best magic show yet.

His mother pulled him into her arms and proudly stated, "You're going to be the greatest magician in the world, Percy. I just know it."

His sea-green eyes grew as wide as saucers. "Even better than Houdini?"

"Much better than Houdini," she assured him while tickling his sides until he couldn't breathe.

That same year, when Percy entered his class on the first day of school, he noticed something different. Well, more like someone different.

There was a girl. A very pretty girl.

Percy felt like someone had taken all the air right out of his lungs.

She had long, golden, curly hair that was pulled into a side ponytail. She had a cute button nose and large grey eyes that seemed too big for her face, but Percy thought they were perfect.

Before she could notice him blatantly staring at her, he quickly rushed to his seat and ducked his head. Hoping no one noticed his blushing face.

By the end of the day, Percy was sure he was in love.

The girl was named Annabeth. And she was from California. Not only was she the prettiest girl in the whole class, but she was also the smartest kid there. She answered almost every question the teacher asked and looked amazing while doing it.