Of Pick-Up Lines and Libraries

___♪___

___♪___

Annabeth sighed as she lay back in her chair, it had been a long day. Luckily, she thought, as she scanned the quiet library, she was just working the desk today. Usually this meant that she had a lot of time to read or finish homework as not too many people came up to the desk. But a second later when she saw his messy black hair and wide smile walk through the front doors she knew there was no way she was going to get anything done.

He immediately locked eyes with her and grinned even more as he straight up sauntered up to the desk.

"Hi," he said as he leaned forward on the desk, borderline invading her personal space.

"Hi" she replied bluntly, knowing this was the start of a very busy afternoon for her.

"And how is the fair maiden on this fine day?" he asked launching into an absolutely terrible British accent.

"I don't know, you'll have to ask her," she retorted.

His eyes grew almost comically, "but you are the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on," he said earnestly, dropping all pretext of the fake accent.

She couldn't help but blush at that, his green eyes gazing into hers relaying that those words were true. He smiled when he saw her blush, a slow sweet smile that made her feel warm inside. A moment passed between the two before Annabeth broke away and cleared her throat.

"Do you need help with anything?" she asked, actually trying to do her job at this point. She knew the answer however. Percy had been coming in for the past week under the pretext of working on a research paper that didn't seem to actually be progressing any.

"Yeah actually, how can I get a really smart and gorgeous girl to give me a kiss?" he winked at her and laughed as she shoved him away with another blush coloring her cheeks. Honestly, that boy was something.

Fortunately he did walk off to a table nearby to set down his bag and pull out his laptop, giving her time to calm down and try to shake the thoughts of him from her head. With a firm nod to herself she pulled herself together and proceeded to get out her literature book for her classics course.

The silence lasted for about half an hour until she felt a presence at her desk once more and put her book down.

"Hi! Can I hel-" she cut off her words as she saw his smiling face once again. "What do you need?" she said instead.

He held a hand to his heart, "You hurt me, I need a book actually."

She rolled her eyes at his antics and pulled up the catalog on the computer in front of her.

"What book are you looking for?" she asked fully aware that he could be doing this himself as there were multiple computers with catalogs open.

He handed her a scrap of paper which had the title and author of the book written down. She got to work looking for the location of the book.