Flirting

___♪___

___♪___

Annabeth POV

One of the many things I hated about having to attend an all-girls boarding school was the fact that all of them were obsessed with boys! Most of the girls sent here were only attending because they'd been too preoccupied with boys in their other schools. The solution to that is not to make them quit cold turkey! It makes the problem even worse... for me! It was because of this obsession that I rarely attended the social gatherings that were held by my roommate down in the rec room.

My roommate was nice enough, I suppose. Haley was your basic blonde beauty. She had a round face, cute dimples, and bright blue eyes. She reminded me of a toddler sometimes with both her looks and her disposition. She wasn't a dumb blonde, nor was she a smart one. Haley, like the others, had an extreme case of what I called "boy fever" and most of our conversations had to do with her crush of the hour. Besides that one fatal flaw of hers, she was pretty sweet and helpful, not too messy or nosy either like some girls I knew.

"Oh come on, Annabeth." She whined one day, "Please just come with me to this one party?" She put on her pouty puppy dog face, that under normal circumstances I may have given into.

"Sorry, Haley. I can't today." It was probably best I didn't tell her that the reason I wasn't going to the party was because a certain Seaweed Brain was coming to pick me up for a date. Hopefully most of the girls would be at the party, and would never catch a glimpse of my boyfriend.

"Pretty please? I'll give you candy."

"The last time I checked I wasn't a pre-pubescent girl you were trying to sneak into your van." Haley rolled her eyes and jumped up onto my bed.

"Annabeth, you need to get out of this room. Like, now. It's vital towards your health." She said with an extremely serious face. I set aside my book for the moment to humor her.

"How so?"

"Social interaction is an important part of living. You can't spend every Saturday locked in this room reading books." Little did she know, Percy usually snuck in the window while she was downstairs socializing. My invisibility hat came in real handy when Haley decided to unexpectedly return.

"Says who?" She just rolled her eyes.

"It'll be really fun! I heard some of the boys from the high school down the road are gonna drop by." Ok, coincidence maybe. Goode High was down the road.

"And why would they do that, exactly?"

"Because, you know Lily down the hall?" Haley said her name with a grimace, as though the very mention of that, for lack of a better word, slut, would give her a deadly disease.

"Yes, I'm quite familiar."

"Well, apparently her cousin, who hates her by the way, lost a bet with her and now he's bringing some friends of his along with him." I considered this. It might be pretty entertaining to watch the girls in our class drool over a couple of guys that really didn't want to be there in the first place. It was only noon, Percy wasn't supposed to come pick me up for another half hour. With a sigh, I set aside my book and stood up.