CHAPTER 21: MAKING THINGS WORK.

"Uncle Scrooge, I have a problem and I feel like I can't get out of it," Blaire said. "What kind of problem is it?" Scrooge said. "It's a financial problem. I have to pay rent on my apartment and I can't afford it. I couldn't pay for it for the last five months," she said. "How much do you owe?" he said. She grabbed some bills out of her pocket and handed them him. "Oh, this is way too much money for you to be spending right now," he said, "I've been wanting to move back in with my parents but I didn't want them to know that I was having trouble with you and I was having trouble paying for simple things in life and I want to be able to stand on my own two feet," she said. "There's nothing wrong with being an adult but there's nothing wrong with asking for help," he said. "I know Uncle Scrooge," she said. "I'll pay this stuff off for you and I will let you move back in here in the mansion," he said. "Thanks Uncle Scrooge," she said and hugged him. He hugged her back. "You're welcome," he said.

Blaire was soon moved in and Scrooge had everything paid off that needed to be paid off for her. He wanted to see her happy. He hoped that her staying here would put his mind at ease knowing that she's able to pay for things and she's also safe. She was living near the Beagle Boy Turf. She was not safe living in that part of town. Scrooge could tell that she didn't feel safe. He wanted her to feel safe. He thought that the apartment that she was living in was the best that she could do on a moment's notice.

"I'm ready to make this work if you are," Blaire said. "I am," Scrooge said. "If Della hadn't called me that day to let me meet her kids, I don't think that I would be here right now," she said. "You're my niece, I'm happy to help you," he said. "Thanks for giving me a place to stay until I land on my own two feet," she said. "You don't need to thank me," he said. "But I feel like I should be thanking you," she said. "Donald and Della had suffered enough without you in their lives," he said. "I should try to spend time with them while I'm living here," she said. "Yes, you should," he said.

After he said that, she went to go find Donald and/or Della. She had not seen them in almost a decade until now. She was an aunt now and she wanted to be here. She loved babies and little kids. She used to baby-sit when she was a teenager. She wanted a little money of her own for school or anything that she needed or wanted. She knew that she could help with the kids. She was happy that she wouldn't be living in the streets now. She loved in the most dangerous and expensive part of town. It was surprising that she had lived there for so long. She had looked so tired because she worked so hard to be able to pay for things that she needed.