21

— chapter twenty one: hard —

the days to their date passed by fast. not that either of them minded. it was a nice change to the days prior which all had to be spent inside due to massive amounts of snow falling.

it was a day before new year's and therefore mark's last time he would see his friends before the new year started. and he couldn't be happier that he got to introduce donghyuck to them. the boy himself looked very confident as they entered the building but mark could feel that he was a bit nervous too.

at the studio johnny greeted them with a huge smile. they had agreed on jaehyun joining them as well as the other alpha hadn't seen mark in a while.

both alpha's hugged mark. he then took it upon himself to introduce donghyuck to them "johnny-hyung, jaehyun-hyung this is donghyuck. i hope you don't mind that i brought him."
"not at all." jaehyun said and johnny nodded eagerly and clapped his hands. mark grinned at the tall alpha who looked more like an excited child now.

"donghyuck, have you ever been boxing?" johnny asked. donghyuck didn't seem to mind how big and tall the alpha was instead he just shook his head cutely. mark watched him in adoration when jaehyun suddenly nudged his side.

"so this the boy that got you in your feels huh?" the older asked teasingly.

"hell yeah dude. i just hope he will accept me." mark replied, watching johnny teach donghyuck a few of the most basic steps that mark had learned too in the beginning.

"don't worry, i'm pretty sure he will." jaehyun grinned and put on his own boxing cloves.

the two chatted for a bit whilst starting their training. mark kept an eye on donghyuck and johnny but the two seemed to get along just great, maybe a bit too great for mark's inner alpha. but he told himself to hold it together and continued on.

donghyuck and johnny quickly joined the other two that they were now all together. first they trained with their punching bags and then later donghyuck and mark watched as johnny and jaehyun fought against each other, of course not in a serious manner though.

"i think i could win against you easily." mark bragged to donghyuck as they watched the fight.

the latter scoffed and asked "is that so?"

"yeah that is so. i don't know if you forgot but i've been doing this for way longer than you. plus i'm an alpha." mark responded with a sly smirk.

"ohhh, now i'm so scared." donghyuck said sarcastically, obviously not intimidated at all.

"try me." mark whispered lowly.

"bet." donghyuck replied.

the two searched for an empty boxing ring. they positioned themselves, mark standing like he had learned it. obviously he had no intentions of actually hurting the omega but he did certainly want to show off and put donghyuck back into his place.

"ready?" he asked and donghyuck nodded. so mark started reaching out with his fist but before he could even do anything, donghyuck used his leg to make the alpha fall.

grinning down at mark he arrogantly said "easier than expected."

"shut up, that wasn't boxing. that was using your legs unfairly." mark scoffed and the other stuck his tongue out at him, making mark giggle.

the two tried again, this time actually being more serious. mark was surprised by how easily donghyuck seemed to dodge any of his punches. in return mark went a bit harder causing the omega to bite his lip. his competitive side was showing and it was hot.