3

— chapter three: a pretty boy named donghyuck —

when mark's friend group arrived, the place had long lost its cafe atmosphere and now resembled more a mix between a restaurant and a bar.

mark quickly informed taeil of his friends arrival and the older male told him that he would keep an eye on him just like he had promised mark's father. the younger resisted an eye roll. a usual response whenever someone, in this case taeil, would mention his father. it was best to not think of this man, especially not right now when mark wanted to have fun.

now however mark's thoughts weren't on his father but rather on his friends which he was currently sitting with. they had a small booth just for themselves. when mark looked at them he smiled. they were all there, jaehyun, johnny, taeyong and yuta. they were all alpha's with the exception of taeyong who was a beta. but he was strong enough to easily keep up with the rest of them.

the mood was fun and relaxed. even though they usually resided in fancier bars or clubs even, none of the guys complained. they however did laugh when mark threw a raging fit while telling them why he was staying here now.

"mark in an apron. i would love to see it." yuta sneered. mark gave him the finger but was quick to put it down again when johnny gave him a stern look. the oldest of group had the reputation of being quite brotherly and that's also what mark's relationship with him felt like.

"sorry hyung. you didn't see anything." mark apologised. johnny laughed and ruffled the boy's hair. with everyone else the younger alpha would've probably thrown them to the floor by now but since it was johnny he let it slide. it was known that johnny had a soft spot for him and he didn't want to hurt him.

"anyway who's giving out the first round?" taeyong asked.
"it's on mark. we are here because of him, aren't we?" jaehyun said with his deep voice. mark gave his hyung a pained smile. johnny seemed to sense that mark was somewhat uncomfortable since he stood up and said "nah, first round is on me. gotta treat my babies."

"you're literally a few months older than me..." taeyong complained but johnny just shushed him and walked to the bar where he ordered the drinks.

"so anything happened here yet? i bet it's weird working as a waiter huh? a big difference to your office job." jaehyun casually asked with his deep voice.

"tell me about it. it's exhausting actually and i only did it once. yesterday i was so tired after." mark said. he blushed faintly remembering what also happened yesterday after he finished but of course, he wouldn't mention that. especially not to his hyungs.

"i'm glad that we don't have to work like that. i don't think i could handle so many drunk people at once. also the amount of scents in here.. jesus, i would kill anyone who looks at me the wrong way." yuta said, nodding his head along to the music which was coming out of the boxes all over the place. taeyong grinned at the japanese "we all know you wouldn't kill them, just fuck them for the night."

the corner of yuta's mouth switched as he tried to suppress
a chuckle. he was about to reply to taeyong, without doubt something not appropriate, but luckily enough johnny appeared with drinks for all of them. they had been going out for so long already that he knew everyone's orders by heart.

"mark, since you work here" johnny spoke up and mark looked at him "do you happen to know the man at the counter?" johnny asked. mark looked over to check the person which johnny had pointed out. it was doyoung.

"that's doyoung-hyung. he's the other owner of this place." mark informed him and raised his eyebrows "why are you asking?"