22

— chaper twenty two: mates —

"well fuck." mark groaned. while his inner alpha was deeply satisfied, making him feel a really weird sort of bliss, mark himself was freaking out. still completely naked he sat up and so did donghyuck. the two looked at each other, both in shock.

"what are we going to do now?" donghyuck asked, his voice still weak from what had just happened.

"uhm i don't know." mark said helplessly. he felt very anxious but apparently donghyuck immediately sensed that as he pulled the alpha closer and gave him a kiss. mark closed his eyes, feeling overwhelmed by not only the situation but also by how intense the kiss felt. with each fibre of his being he felt connected to the omega and he was stunned.

"what was that?" the omega asked after they parted.

"i guess it's a mate thing." mark replied, feeling glad that he hadn't been the only one to feel this intense situation. he cupped donghyuck's cheeks, giving him another kiss. this one like the one before was breathtaking. it felt like the whole world just faded into the background and only him and donghyuck mattered. the feeling was addictive like a drug almost. the omega seemed to feel the same as he only wrapped his arms around mark, pulling him closer.

"is this normal?" the alpha asked, feeling all weird and guffy inside.

"i don't know." donghyuck replied, slightly out of breath. mark could feel him shiver so he said "let's go shower and clean you up." the omega nodded and the two quickly sneaked into the bathroom. mark turned on the shower to a warm temperature and motioned for donghyuck to follow him into the small cabin. the younger hesitated at first but then joined mark. usually the latter would feel very awkward around anyone being so naked but with donghyuck his inhibitions weren't present, especially not now.

while the omega cleaned off the sweat and cum off him, mark had an idea. his hands traced over donghyuck's shoulders and back, giving it a massage. the younger sighed in content but mark only caught it due to his good hearing as an alpha. the water sound was really loud. but even without having to hear any sound from donghyuck, mark could've easily sensed how much the boy was enjoying his massage.

"sit down." mark whispered. donghyuck turned to him in confusion but did what the alpha had told him. mark slid down the wall down behind him and leaned against the cold tiles. he pulled donghyuck closer to him and continued on with his massage. it was way easier now as the water was falling down upon both of them, almost like rain.

"the poor water bill." donghyuck mumbled.

"all the things you could be worried about and you're thinking about the water bill?" mark asked and laughed.
"i tend to ignore my problems." the omega replied, turning around to mark who looked at him with heart eyes.

"i'll make sure soon you have nothing to ignore anymore." the older said and pecked donghyuck's forehead.

"that's very sweet, thank you." the omega replied shyly. it was weird seeing him in this vulnerable state but it only gave mark a strong urge to protect the boy even more.

"for you always." he responded, removing a wet hair strand out the other's face. their eyes locked and mark was stunned by the younger's eyes once again. even in the dimmed light of the bathroom, donghyuck's eyes held stars in them. water drops would gather on his lashes and whenever donghyuck blinked they would fall down his cheek, almost like a tear. and in that moment mark did feel like crying. not because he was sad but because he was incredibly happy to just be with the boy, to call him his mate.

he cupped donghyuck's cheeks, his thumb stroking over the boy's lips who only stayed still and held their eye contact. donghyuck's pupils dilated, making it obvious how much he adored mark. it was a small detail but the alpha felt butterflies in his stomach once he realised its significance.