16

— chapter sixteen: just a suggestion —

later that day, mark was at taeil's office. the place had become fairly familiar by now and mark felt more comfortable in these walls than in his parent's house which felt weird to know. taeil greeted him with a tired smile as the beta had been working all day.

"how has everything been?" he asked mark as the boy sat down.

"alright. i met up with donghyuck today." mark told him, somehow weirdly proud about it. taeil smiled brightly and his eyes turned into crescent moons as he asked "how come?"

leaning back into the seat, mark began to speak "you know how i usually eat breakfast in the store? well, donghyuck had the early shift today. i got him to sit down and talk to me and in the end he decided to come with me to the music store i usually go to." intentionally he left out that we had sexually teased the omega as he felt that taeil didn't necessarily need to know that much.

"oh that's nice. why wasn't doyoung in though? usually he does the morning shift." taeil asked.

"he just said he was out." mark repeated the beta's words from memory. taeil tilted his head before his face changed from confusion to enlightenment. mark watched as the beta chuckled. curiously he questioned "what is it? do you know why doyoung-hyung was gone?"

"oh yeah, he had a date." taeil said casually, making mark choke on his own spit.

"with who?" he exclaimed loudly. the man on the other side of the table gave him a stern look and mark said more quietly this time "sorry. but with who? i'm really curious."

indeed he was. he wanted to know whether it might have been johnny because if it was then mark would feel very betrayed. not only doyoung but also johnny himself would've let him in the dark which he found rather imbecile of them.

"i don't know his name. but apparently he's really tall. doyoung swooned over him a lot recently." taeil noted. mark laughed out loud and whispered "motherfucker."

"language. now why are you so invested in your hyung's love life?" taeil said.

"i have a suspicion that doyoung-hyungs's date is actually one of my friends. he has a little crush on doyoung-hyung and it's really awkward watching the two interact." mark explained. the other nodded and his face got more serious as he turned to his files, an indicator that their small talk was over and the session would start now.

"so i've noticed that even though you had a relapse a while back, you're doing better now. would you say that's due to the boxing practice i've advised you to do or are there any other factors that have been influencing you?" the beta asked.

"the boxing definitely helps me getting rid of the aggression. i really enjoy it because i can do it with my friends and when i get home i'm so exhausted that there's nothing in me that has ant motivation left to get angry." mark told the man who nodded. he scribbled down something into mark's file and it just drove mark crazy to not know what taeil was writing down.

"and let me guess, you barely think about your father anymore?" the beta asked.

"yeah pretty much. since i don't live with him anymore and he's also not working in the company, we barely have any crossing points."

"as i thought. the more you're around your father, the more it triggers you. and you built up your feelings and then let them out in form of aggression flare-ups. but i guess you know that by know. the way you easily acknowledged the problem and are not opposed to any of my methods are really impressive by the way. usually clients will try to work against me, not with me which in long term only means they're working against themselves and hurting." taeil explained.