7

—  chapter seven: margarita on the rocks —

needless to say mark felt restless when he went to bed that night. pictures of donghyuck kept flashing before his eyes. the feeling of the boy's hand on his thigh was still so freshly burned into his mind that mark imagined he could still feel it. he didn't quite know what was happening to him. never in his whole life had an omega affected him so much.

he turned around in his bed, trying to let go of his thoughts about the omega but it didn't work. the boy somehow always found a way into his thoughts and later dreams.

in the morning mark couldn't remember more than that he had definitely dreamed about donghyuck. he tried to recall his dream's contents as hard as he could but without any success. knowing it was hopeless he gave up and decided to go eat breakfast.

as usual doyoung was already up, greeting him with a "good morning, mark."

"good morning, hyung. i hope my hyungs didn't cause too much trouble yesterday." mark replied and sat down at the table.

doyoung gave him a tired smile and said "oh no! not at all. although this one alpha kept on coming and ordering drinks. i would've been scared he got alcohol poisoning if it wasn't for him being an alpha."

mark laughed. he knew exactly who doyoung meant "oh yeah, it was johnny-hyung. i think he thinks you're cute." he noted. doyoung blushed slightly and waved his hand dismissively.

"i highly doubt so. i usually attract omegas, betas at best. alphas mostly go for the submissive omegas." the older said.

"i would disagree but i do prefer omegas so i can't say much. but i know for sure johnny won't mind you being a beta." mark replied. doyoung just shrugged and with that the conversation ended.

a bit later taeil joined them. he seemed quite active despite having helped doyoung until late in the night. he informed mark that they would do the same as last week and mark nodded and got ready while the older man was finishing his breakfast.

once again mark drove with taeil to the man's office. this time though there was another secretary. not that mark cared much but his alpha senses couldn't help but notice every single change. it was a bit annoying sometimes.

"i'm glad you've been settling so well with us." taeil said as the session began.

"so am i." mark said with a polite smile.

"shall we start?" taeil asked and mark had almost laughed at the man's formal use of words.

"i guess we shall." mark replied, mimicking the older's tone on the spot. if taeil noticed he chose to not comment on it, if he didn't it was be even funnier.

"well then mr. lee. tell me, how has your week been?" taeil asked.

"alright. yesterday i was tempted to.. you know..." mark trailed off. taeil nodded in understanding and told him to go on. "well, i didn't do it." mark continued.

"and what stopped you?" taeil questioned. mark thought about that question for a while. what stopped him from stepping in between jungwoo and donghyuck. well doyoung's presence for one but also donghyuck? he didn't want to hurt donghyuck, he now came to realize. however he wasn't sure if and if yes how he was supposed to tell taeil.

"well" he started and taeil put all his focus on the alpha "first of all doyoung would've probably kicked my ass." mark concluded. the beta laughed out loud and nodded "yeah, he would have."

"but also there was this omega. i didn't want him to get hurt while fighting." mark explained, his voice quite low. he felt almost ashamed admitting it to himself but it was the truth. he looked at taeil who had his eye brows raised but his face did not give away any thoughts.