6

— chapter six: bratty —

jaehyun and taeyong arrived just a few minutes later. both looked rather messy with their hair disheveled which had mark a bit confused. however he told himself to not think about it and instead kept an eye on the door to see whoever entered the space. johnny came back with the drinks and sat down next to mark.

"any luck?" the younger asked. johnny pouted and shook his head.

"i don't think i've ever met someone that oblivious." he replied which had mark giggling.

"you could come here during the day. we have less customers then and maybe he'll pay you more attention then." mark suggested. johnny nodded eagerly and mark already had a feeling that johnny was going to become a regular customer overnight.

"what are you two talking about?" jaehyun asked with his deep voice.

"oh nothing. just johnny being horny for the bartender." mark replied with a chuckle. johnny pouted while jaehyun threw a look at doyoung who was still working at the bar across the room.

"understandable. he looks kinda cute." jaehyun mumbled. taeyong scoffed and everyone looked at him.

"oh it's nothing." the beta said dismissively.

while everyone was enjoying their drinks mark frequently kept looking at the entrance. so much so that johnny asked him if he was waiting for someone which mark denied. it was after eleven already when finally mark smelled the scent he had been waiting for so desperately. he immigrated looked to the door where donghyuck had just entered. the omega looked a bit stressed but else fine. mark watched him sit down at the counter and order something from doyoung.

since mark had kept his alcohol level low, unlike the other guys, he still had a clear mind. but slowly as time passed donghyuck's scent drove him crazy and clouded his mind. he really wanted to stand up and go up to donghyuck but he refrained from doing so as he wanted to see what was going to happen.

a few minutes later, a tall man sat down next to donghyuck and the two started conversing. mark squinted and tried to make out the man's face from across the room. he scooted to the side a bit and finally got a good look at it. he had to think a while but then remembered where he had seen the face before. it was the man that donghyuck had called jungwoo.

mark frowned. why were the two meeting again? jungwoo had made it pretty clear that he thought very lowly of donghyuck so why were the two now sitting together? obviously donghyuck wasn't happy either. mark could see the boy clearly and even if he didn't, donghyuck's scent reeked from uncomfortableness and dissatisfaction. mark wondered whether jungwoo could smell that too because it was quite extreme.

suddenly jungwoo grabbed donghyuck by the collar and pulled him close. mark jumped up and was about to go over to them but yuta stopped him by grabbing his sleevez

"markie, where are you going?" he asked, his words slightly slurred. he's had enough alcohol for today, mark thought.

"oh, just getting another drink. i'll be right back." he replied and freed himself from yuta's grip. the other alpha just nodded and then went back to singing a song along with jaehyun and johnny.

mark meanwhile neared himself to donghyuck and jungwoo. the latter was whispering something. mark obviously couldn't hear it but jungwoo looked quite aggressive. that was very unusual for a beta but it made mark's blood boil. he took a deep breath, knowing that if he acted like he usually did, doyoung would not hesitate to kick him out.

instead he went down and sat down at another free seat at the bar counter, a few meters away from the two. he kept on stealing glances at them, assuring himself that donghyuck would be alright. he didn't look like it though.