𝒊𝒗 . . . the check list

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄'𝐒 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐄 blank at the new revelation

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄'𝐒 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐄 blank at the new revelation. She was royalty, and however many times the thought circled around in her mind, it would never not be true.

"But Charlotte, how could this be true? You're from England, aren't you?"

"I really wouldn't be able to tell you, Lucy, I really wish I could, but I can't."

"Surely you must have some idea?" Susan interrupted, "I mean, you just agreed to what he said for crying out loud!" Then Peter decided to join the conversation,

"Look, we can discuss this later, but the beaver said we need to move, it's freezing out here. Are you coming Charlotte?"

She nodded in response, and picked up the Narnia history book too, placing it in one of the enormous coat pockets.

"Really? You need to take the book? You're worse than Susan you are." Ed cut in, voicing his opinions.

"Oh, give it a rest Ed, shut up!" Peter snapped at him, causing the former to storm out of the house after the beaver.

They all followed the beaver to who-knows-where, with Susan and Lucy holding on to Charlotte's arms, but it didn't stop her from tripping over her ankles every once in a while. And after the first hour with Charlotte falling over for the fifth time, Peter had had enough.

"Alright Charlotte, I have had enough of you falling over your own ankles every five minutes!"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me just fine!"

"Well I'm ever so sorry, but it's not like I ever planned on walking through a magical wardrobe and ending up here. I wouldn't even be here if you hadn't of dragged me in with you. I would have gladly dealt Macready! All I would have gotten as punishment was a flick on the ear, and a week's-worth of chores! It's really not that big of a deal. And if you really can't stand it, just find a solution!"

She started to walk away, but Peter had picked her up bridal style, and started to follow the beaver again.

"I'm ever so sorry, but what are you doing now?"

"Well, you said to find a solution, so that's what I'm doing."

No more words were exchanged between the odd little group for around another half an hour, until Mr Beaver announced that they weren't far off his home.

"Ah, blimey! Looks like the old girl's got the kettle on. Nice cup of rosy-lee." The children all climbed up the hill after him and saw his little dam too.

"Oh, it's lovely!"

"Oh it's merely a trifle. Still, plenty to do. Ain't quite finished it yet. But it'll look the business when it's done though, come on, hurry up."

Charlotte couldn't tell whether he was being modest, or he really did need to put the finishing touches to his home. They all trudged, well Charlotte was carried, down the hill to the little dam, and when they were all safely on the ice, it was only then that Peter let Charlotte walk around on her own, but still holding her hand to keep her from tripping.