𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊 . . . cocao conversations

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐒 soon rolled around and tensions were beginning to run high in the castle of Cair Paravel

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐒 soon rolled around and tensions were beginning to run high in the castle of Cair Paravel. Lucy saw no problem with the snow that had begun to settle and fall, Edmund was thinking rather along the same lines as Charlotte, Susan was doing her best to prepare the castle for the winter ball, and was indeed putting her soul into it. 

Peter was trying to keep Charlotte's nerves and temper in check, and Charlotte herself was having no problems making herself heard in the council chamber.

It seemed, that after the little stunt she pulled on the two Lords, that the amount of influence she had on the rest of the council sky-rocketed, and even seemed to surpass that of the two kings.

But, that may have been due to the fact that somehow, and Charlotte swore until she was black and blue that she had no part in the matter, the newspapers got wind of her little outburst of the immediate dismissal of the two Lords and the news did indeed make the front page.

But, Charlotte was silently enjoying her victory over the newspaper article, because she had made a deliberately loud comment about the whole ordeal when she knew that a particularly gobby faun was nearby.

Although, she didn't make any comments about the rumours of her supposedly wavering mental stability, for she knew that if that were to happen, there would be uproar around Narnia.

And that most certainly was the thing she and Edmund wanted to prevent, especially considering the first snow had just settled, and whispers were starting to fly around the streets.

"𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐘 idea of what the first snow could mean to these people, Susan? Or perhaps I should ask you, Peter? Or Lucy?" Charlotte wondered aloud during one evening, when all five of them were sat at various points along the dining table, and when Susan made a comment about how beautiful the snow looked.

Edmund, of course, knew what she was speaking of, having been there during her rant, but decided to stay silent because he would have done anything to see Charlotte explode again, like she'd done a few weeks prior.

"Winter has arrived. And with winter came snow, and last time the Narnians experienced snow was when it was a curse. A one hundred year long curse, that we had to remove. They all think we've lost our control over Narnia because the snow is starting to fall, and we haven't done anything about it. They have no idea that with the seasons comes winter, and with winter comes snow and frost. It'll be carnage out there if we don't do anything to ensure that they're safe."

After a few moments of awkward shifting and hesitant eye contact, Charlotte threw the latest newspaper onto the table, and all four Pevensies leant over the table to get a better look at the headlines.