𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒙 . . . slight complications

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 get restless as she waited at the docks, and so she started to bob up and down on the heels of her boots out of boredom

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 get restless as she waited at the docks, and so she started to bob up and down on the heels of her boots out of boredom. She was soon quick to realise that it was probably not a good idea to wait at the docks facing the open Eastern sea while a frost was sweeping over Narnia as quick as one might have caught a cold.

But, Charlotte didn't care very much, as she needed to get away from the confines of the walls of Cair Paravel, even if it was only for a little while.

Having thought over what happened last night for a few hours threatening to spill into the same one in which the dawn arrived, Charlotte came to the ever so slightly irritating conclusion that the thoughts she had once believed to be a distraction, actually happened to be a slight crush.

Though Charlotte kept telling her self it was only a slight crush, she couldn't help but wonder when it had occurred. It seemed to have happened over night somehow, as one night she slept with no feelings, and the next, she couldn't sleep because she was being plagued by a distraction.

'It's all very complicated' Charlotte thought, as a cry of "Land Ho!" was carried by the wind. 'Yes. Very complicated indeed.'

Charlotte surged forward and crashed into another body very soon after, and looked up to see the smiling face of Louise, the Princess of Calormen. She was accompanied by her father, the Tisroc, and both had travelled from the warm lands of Calormen to Narnia for the Winter Ball Susan was planning, and hosting.

The noble family from Calormen weren't the only guests, all the Lords of the council and their wives, (If they were married) were to be attending, King Lunes from Archenland who Charlotte had no objections to, and his sons, Prince Cor and Corin. The only guest Charlotte was unhappy that was attending was coming from Galma. Lord William.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐒𝐔𝐀𝐋 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 pleasantries were exchanged between the two families- well, two families and one Queen- with the Pevensies inside the throne room of Cair Paravel, where it was indeed much warmer that outside where the bitter wind would nip at cheeks and make them rosy.

Charlotte had been in the library flicking through great piles of piano sheet music, when Susan waltzed into the room, dropping stacks of paper onto the table, and sending Charlotte's tea cup clattering to the marble floor.

"What do you want to show me, Susan?" Charlotte asked, unable to keep the smile off her face when she saw glimpses of dress designs, despite telling Peter she was dreading it the night before.

"I've just been sent this from your seamstress, mine and Lucy's dresses are already finished, and I wanted you to see these before you went out riding later." Susan spoke, clearly in excitement as she was talking a mile a minute.