𝒗 . . . everybody freeze-frame

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 a beaver in tow ran through the foliage of the frozen woods after the red headed girl in attempt to find their missing brother

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 a beaver in tow ran through the foliage of the frozen woods after the red headed girl in attempt to find their missing brother. None of them wanted to think about the fact that he had betrayed them, they thought that if they didn't acknowledge it, it wouldn't have happened. 

"Come on you lot, hurry up, come on, move faster!"

Peter was yelling to the company, and soon enough they to reached the edge of the forest and began the climb to the top of the hill. It was a decision that went unsaid to keep their distance from Charlotte once there. She appeared to be seething about something, and none of them planned to be on the receiving ends of one of her outbursts.

It had shocked Peter right to the core, the only person to ever talk to him like that was Susan ( and on rare occasions, his father ). Yet, none of those experiences could come close to rivalling that of Charlotte Kirke when she was angry.

That had been learned the hard way.

"Peter, please, can we slow down? It's so hard to run in the snow, Charlotte will be there by now anyway. Oh, never mind, we're here now!"

Susan was right. Yet again, about multiple things. It was hard to run in the snow at the pace Peter was ushering them at, Charlotte was at the top of the hill, out of the forest where the trees thinned, and they we're indeed out in the open staring at the ice palace.

"EDMUND!" Lucy shouted for her brother to come back, but the beaver shushed her. It was clear that his patience was wearing thin by now. "She'll hear you!"

"I highly doubt that," Charlotte scoffed, "there's at least two miles of land between her and us, and the wind won't carry it to her, it's blowing in our direction."

Lucy smiled at the red head, and decided that she wasn't just all beauty no brains ( despite what her remaining brother and sister may of thought ), and took her hand to hold in hers. To her surprise as well as everyone else's, the elder girl did not draw away from the touch, but pulled her closer into her side.

Peter made to run after his brother, but was pulled back by the beaver to the odd group, "Hey, let go, get off me!"

"You're playing into her hands."

"We can't just let him go!"

"Susan's right, he's our brother!"

"But the Witch wants all five of you."

"But why?"

"Do I have to be the one to connect all the dots around here? Clearly this prophecy thing is her worst fear, so she'll do anything in her path to stop that from coming true. She wants all of us to kill us." Nobody said a word after the Princess had finished talking. But that was until Susan rounded on her brother, she had some pent up anger like Charlotte, but unlike her, she was going to let it go slowly, and in minimal bursts.