𝒗𝒊𝒊 . . . peter's death wish

𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐃𝐀𝐖𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 more humans and two beavers

𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐃𝐀𝐖𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 more humans and two beavers. Charlotte had connected the dots up for them yet again, it was beginning to become a bit repetitive. The river, their only way across to get the Aslan, was melting away as they spoke. They needed to get there fast.

The red head was in the lead, much to the protests of Mr Beaver and Peter, but she didn't care. Her ears followed the sound of a now rushing river through trees and under overhanging icicles dangling off the branches. They all came to a sudden halt at the edge of the cliff, the beavers sending snow flying into the girl's hair from the skidding of their long tails.

Charlotte knew what they needed to do to get to the other side, and it had to be done fast. They had to get across the river on the small sliver of thin ice that was yet to melt at the base of the waterfall. She wasted no time in getting down to the bottom of the cliff where the ice met to rock. Taking light and delicate steps across the ice (Mrs Macready would have been proud had she been there to witness it) she balanced her weight properly and jumped onto the grass on the other side.

But the beavers and Pevensies hadn't had such luck...

"Don't beavers build dams?" Lucy asked in a hurried voice.

"I'm not that fast dear!" Mr Beaver responded back equally fast, making exaggerative hand gestures at the same time.

"Come on, we need to get across now!" Peter yelled at them over the roaring and cracking of the falling ice chunks, and grabbing Lucy's hand in his.

"Wait, will you just think about this for a minute?" Susan asked.

"No, we don't exactly have a minute!"

"I'm just trying to be realistic."

"No, you're trying to be smart. Like usual!" Peter finished the small argument with his sister, but the staring still continued between the two.

Lucy was tugging earnestly on his hand, and whipping her head around at the same time to try and see where Charlotte had got to. She was sure she saw her standing with them a minute ago.

Her question was answered and the stare-down finished at the sound of an arrow lodging its self in a tree. They all turned around to look in the direction of the purple arrow feathers they recognised to be Charlotte's. They saw her standing on the other side of the river, bow raised with another arrow already in place pointing just to the left of where they were standing, ogling at her. Charlotte had a look of mild impression gracing her features.

She'd never used a bow and arrow before, but had just perfected the art on her first try.

They got the idea she was clearly trying to convey using her eyes, 'Will you just hurry up with the bloody endless bickering and get over here! Now!', and it had worked.

They made quick work of making their way down the small cliff face and to the rock on the ground. Peter hesitantly placed his foot on the ice, but water spurted upwards from the sudden pressure, causing him to retract his foot from the ice with a great deal of haste, wasting no time agreeing that the beaver should go first. The beaver stepped onto the ice, whacking his tail up and down to check the solidity of the surface.