𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊 . . . irrefusable offers

𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐀𝐖𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 day, bright and early with such warmth that it didn't take nearly as much nagging from Mrs Beaver to get Charlotte to rise

𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐀𝐖𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 day, bright and early with such warmth that it didn't take nearly as much nagging from Mrs Beaver to get Charlotte to rise. She tried in vain to smooth out the frizz in her red curls with her hands, but like everyday it was to no avail, so she settled for running her slender fingers through her hair to remove any knots and angles instead.

"Are you already to go, I'm starting to get bored now!" She whined, but she caught sight of Susan and Peter still sat up, their heads lolling on their shoulders with the book open in front of them.

She took great pleasure in prodding the sleeping duo with quite a bit of vigour on their backs causing them to jerk awake quite suddenly, and shoot matching glares towards the grinning Charlotte.

"Come on sleepy heads, I'm bored and hungry, there's only so much bread I can eat. I'm sure that there'll be something else for us once we get to Aslan."

The name Aslan sparked something into Susan and Peter, making them stand up and hurriedly swallow down some bread and follow after the sauntering figure of Charlotte and Lucy running after her.

Peter snatched up the book that was on the floor, and he and his sister walked up the hill to where the beavers and two girls were staring out at the scenery. He held the book out to the girl, and she took it out of his hands without so much as a backwards glace, before calling out to him from over her shoulder,

"I hope it helped, we're the best things these people are ever going to get."

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 shoes and was carrying them with one hand as she followed the group. She'd been wearing the heels for the past two days, and had ran and climbed trees with them on. It was only natural that a small blister was starting to form on the back of her left heel. The grass was warm and dry, making it easy to walk bare footed.

She was lucky, Lucy and Susan had to pull down their long socks and tie their cardigans around their waists. Peter had undone the top button of his shirt and had rolled the sleeves up, letting the braces he was wearing over his shirt hang down by his legs. They all stopped on top of the last hill, where Lucy was waving to a dryad she had spotted forming from the petals of cherry blossoms. It was there that the most wonderous sight met their eyes.

A sea of red and golden tents had been pitched, and an abundance of mythical creatures were walking about, polishing their weapons or getting fitted for armour. A centaur stood atop a jutted out rock not far from them and blew on a horn, the sound echoing all around them and capturing the attention of those in camp. Bears, leopards, fauns, satyrs and centaurs all stopped what they were doing to watch the four humans and two beavers making their way down the hill, before entering the camp.

It was when Susan asked "Why are they all staring at us?" When Charlotte suddenly became very aware of the whispers and watchful eyes that followed her as the little group progressed further into the camp,