𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊 . . . caspian

"𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄

"𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄." 𝐏𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐏𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 his hand out of Charlotte's, and shook her shoulder gently, "Lottie, wake up!" He himself had woken up when he heard Lucy wander off by herself into the woods.

Charlotte rolled over with her eyes still closed, and lazily patted Peter on the cheek, and mumbled incoherently, "Sure. What ever you want, just give me five more minutes." And she rolled over again. Still asleep.

Peter huffed loudly, rolling his eyes but a hint of a smile was tugging at his lips.

The next moment, Charlotte was jostled awake by the shoulder. She forced her eyes open to see a sun-blurred outline of Edmund. His mouth was moving, but she couldn't make out a word he was saying because she was only half awake.

Since she refused to leave the ground, Susan hauled her to a standing position, only being able to catch the words, "Lucy," "Peter," and "Missing."

Charlotte woke up a little after that, and caught her sword in its deep purple scabbard that Edmund had thrown to her.

Trumpkin shushed them all impatiently, and pointed towards a path bending around a cluster of bushes. Charlotte pushed Susan along with her, and hurried forwards when she heard the distinctive sounds of metal on metal, grunts of exertion, and saw the burnt orange skirt of Lucy's dress peaking through the foliage.

"No! Stop!" Lucy jumped up from where she was crouching down, and Charlotte guessed she was yelling at Peter, due to the panic set in her voice.

Peter dropped the rock he was holding above the head of his attacker, and looked around the clearing as Narnian poured out of the forest. Then it twigged. He looked at the person who couldn't have been a year older than him. "Prince Caspian?"

"Yes, and who are you?" But before Peter could answer Caspian, there came a loud shout of "Peter!" From Charlotte as she glared at him, and a yell of "Lucy!" From Susan as she brought the youngest by her arms to stand infront of her to check she was alright.

Caspian looked again at Peter, then closely at Charlotte, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy, suddenly finding it easy to imagine glinting gold, silver, or jewelled crowns on their heads. Just their being there practically demanded the attention. Finally, he directed his attention from the Humans, and to the golden lion hilt of the sword he was holding.

It was his turn to realise who he was standing dumbly in the presence of, "High King Peter?"

"See, he didn't think it was necessary to add on the last bit, did he?" Peter scoffed a little when Charlotte smiled innocently, and gave Caspian his answer, looking smug. "I believe you called."

"Yes, but," Caspian looked at him with his brows furrowed together, "I thought you'd be older." It was a statement rather than a question.

"Well, if you'd like, we can come back in a few years . . ." Peter trailed off, and made to stand by Charlotte so she could take her hand in his.