𝒙𝒙 . . . the caged bird

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐖𝐀𝐒 very fast approaching, and with the upcoming event, along with it came a frantic Susan, who looked like she could crack under the pressure if someone so much as placed a yet-to-be-lighted candle even a distance so...

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐖𝐀𝐒 very fast approaching, and with the upcoming event, along with it came a frantic Susan, who looked like she could crack under the pressure if someone so much as placed a yet-to-be-lighted candle even a distance so small as an inch away from its correct place.

Susan's title was highly ironic, because every so often, when something particularly stressful cropped up, she was the exact opposite of 'The Gentle', Charlotte and Edmund were more often than not, in the firing line of Susan's wrath, and were never able to keep straight faces when she was flailing her arms around, and pointing a finger in their faces.

The morning of the twenty eighth of December dawned bright and early, and Charlotte, Peter, Edmund and Lucy were not able to go anywhere with in the walls of Cair Paravel with out hearing a cry of frustration from Susan, or one of the maids running around because something was too many inches horizontal from where it was meant to be.

Breakfast was a rushed affair, because all five royals had to wait down by the harbour to greet their guests for the ball that evening in the proper Narnian fashion. Charlotte found it had come to her much easier than the four Pevensies, but she put that down to her Narnian bloodline connections.

Charlotte was standing in the middle of their row of five, but she took a sharp intake of breath, and latched onto Peters hand when her line of sight was obstructed by two Lords. Lord Richard, and Lord Thomas. The two very people she humiliated infront of the entire Lords Council, and she was pretty sure she had made Susan tear up their invitation letters, let her burn them, and then she had made sure Lucy and Edmund were present to bear her witness to the scattering of the letter's ashes into the Eastern ocean.

That had been one of Charlotte's most enjoyable days as a Queen by a steep landslide.

She had begrudgingly dipped into a low curtsy and flashed them a pearly smile when they bowed as a greeting, but the elegant look quickly slipped off her face when they had mounted their horses to go to Cair Paravel. Charlotte raised herself onto the tips of her toes to whisper something into Peter's ear after something had caught her eye,

"Looks like Lady Audrey has her eyes set on something." Both Charlotte and Peter turned their heads to look the the left, where Lady Audrey, the sister to Lord Thomas was glancing over to look at the blonde king every once in a while, but Charlotte started to feel a knot of what she definitely knew to be a slight tad bit of jealousy, so turned back to continue greeting the many members of the Narnian nobility and gentry.

"𝐒𝐔 — 𝐎𝐖! 𝐒𝐔𝐒 — 𝐂𝐀𝐍 you please stop doing that for five bloody minutes?" Charlotte snapped at the faun pulling on the laces of her corset so hard, she was sure to have a few cracked ribs. The faun looked on the verge of tears when Charlotte snapped, but she didn't have the time to feel bad and apologise, she would do that later.