𝒙𝒗 . . . the extraordinary

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐉𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐘 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎 the camp seemed to take longer than it did earlier that day

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐉𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐘 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎 the camp seemed to take longer than it did earlier that day. But that was most likely due to the fact that the weight of having to win a battle wasn't resting on anyone's shoulders. They had returned with more soldiers than they had when Jadis was killed, because Aslan turned all the creatures that had been turned to stone back into their original selves, and Lucy had ran off all over the place, giving each and every being that had been injured a drop of her precious fire flower cordial.

Charlotte and Peter were riding side by side in a comfortable silence, both on their individual unicorns. Charlotte had had to fall back a little bit and come to a stop to vomit a few times, but had taken, upon the insistence of all the Pevensie children, a drop of the cordial, and felt instantly better, and the vomiting stopped.

The wound on her left arm had been cleaned, and bandaged over by a female centaur at Beruna, but she had pulled it off once she felt the gash close over after taking a drop of the healing liquid. "What do you think it'll look like?"

"What what'll look like?"

"You know, Cair Paravel."

"I'm not sure, but it did look huge from those cliffs by the camp."

"Yes, I suppose it did . . . Peter?"

"Yes, Lottie?" Lottie? Normally she would have thrown a fit had anyone dared call her that, but it seemed nice, almost natural, when Peter said it, and so, she decided not to correct it.

The other younger three siblings, who were watching the whole exchange unfold from their position a bit further behind, were staring on in shock. "Did he just call her what I think he called her, Lu?" Susan asked her sister, sounding a little faint.

"Yes, Su. I think he did."

"And she didn't object?"

"No. No she didn't. Strange, isn't it?"

"Yes," Said Edmund. "Very strange indeed, since she said she never wanted to meet us to begin with."

"What?!" Susan and Lucy said at the same time, choosing not to raise their voices higher than a few decibels.

"You heard me. She said to me, before we went into battle, that she was surprised she actually liked all of us. I think it might have just been the pre-battle nerves taking the better of her, but with the way it just slipped out, I'm not so sure." Susan and Lucy remained silent after their brother had finished.

But when they thought about it, it now made sense as to why she had chosen to be so distant when they first arrived, and had chosen not to introduce herself, and why she was never mentioned by the Macready. They'd all chosen to remain silent about it for a while, until they could find the right moment to tell Peter, and talk to Charlotte. They wouldn't do it just yet. The two eldest children were getting along far to well.