𝐓𝐖𝐎

"YOU know, he used to have such life. He was hard to keep up with, to tell you the truth. Now he just sits there. Drawing those pictures, playing with those army men. I just wish-" Andrea rambled to the group. She was interrupted by Lucas, who was pulling on Carter's sleeve. He handed her a picture. "Thanks, Lucas." She said, looking at the paper. It was the Carlton house.

"You have a cool kid, Mrs. Barr. We'll keep in contact. Thank you for your time." Carter promised. She led the boys away and they went back to the motel. Dean, after dropping them off, went to grab some food. Sam unlocked the door and he walked in and stretched, then took off his jacket and flannel. He was left in a white shirt and blue jeans. "Let me see the picture again." Sam requested. Carter handed it to him and took off her own jacket and sat down.

"So, Agent Moore, you gonna help me find this place?" He asked. "You find the place, I'll rest my eyes." She said, laying down on the bed she shared with Dean. He scoffed. "No no no, I am not doing this alone. Get up." He told her, shaking her leg. "I'll knee you in the face." She warned. "Oh really?" He challenged.

He tackled her and laid down beside her, then began trying to push her off the best. "Sam Winchester!" She shouted. She sat up, now on the floor, and glared. Sam laughed. "Jackass." She said. "Come on, Carter." He told her. She stood up and tackled him back. "You're a dick," Carter remarked. Before she could jump off, Dean walked in. He dropped his box of donuts and covered his eyes. "Woah woah!" He yelled.

"Calm your fucking dick, Dean. I was scolding Sam for trying to prevent me from sleeping." Carter told him. "Yeah yeah, just don't do that on my bed." He told them. "Gross," Sam muttered, opening his laptop. Carter picked up the donuts and took a chocolate one from the back. "Will Carlton is dead. He drowned...in a sink." Dean told them. "Okay so it's obviously not Nessie and it's after the Carlton family. It took both of his kids and Lucas's dad, who was Bill Carlton's godson. Demon? Vengeful spirit?" Carter predicted. "Let's pay Mr. Carlton a visit," Dean said.

"I call shotgun," Carter yelled, grabbing her jacket. She raced to the Impala and jumped in through the window, then lowered herself into the seat. "What a pistol," Dean remarked, getting in. "Dean, update your cassette cases." Carter laughed, looking through them. "What? These are the best." He defended. "You're...ridiculous." She told him. "Tell your girlfriend to stop flirting with me," Dean told his brother. "If you don't stop, Dean, I'm going to slap you into next month. That's a promise." She warned.

"You can't have both brothers." Dean joked. Sam grabbed the steering wheel and held it steady so she could hit Dean's shoulder. He groaned and clenched it. Carter knew how sensitive Sam still was to the girlfriend topic, considering his girlfriend Jessica was brutally murdered by a demon that killed his mother. Her heart ached for Sam and she tried to never show it. When the car parked, Carter let Sam go out first. "I'm gonna knock Dean out." She told him. When he walked away, Carter turned to Dean.

"Uh oh, what'd I do?" He sighed. "Dean Winchester, you need to calm down on these girlfriend jokes. We both hear Sam screaming and suffering because of his nightmares. You aren't going to joke about a fake relationship when he is still grieving. It hurts him more than he lets on." She told him. Dean stared at the wheel. "Okay. Fine."

"We'll help him through this, D." She assured. "I hope so, C. I hope so...Alright, let's go." He groaned. Carter stepped out and they met on her side of the car. She fixed his hair and he smirked. "I do it all the time, knock it off...weirdo." She told him. He nudged her and they walked side by side to meet Carlton.

Sam walked towards them and shook his head. "He's endured enough." He said. "Can I--?" Carter began. Sam shrugged. She could be quite persuasive at times. "Hey, Mr. Carlton. I'm Carter Moore... I'm sorry about your losses'." She said. "It's worse than death," Bill said. Carter nodded and handed him a beer from his cooler. "Can I tell you something, Bill?" She requested. He didn't reply. "I'm not going to hit you with that 'I know how you feel' bullshit. Everyone is different...But I have an idea of how you feel." She began.

"I watched my mom die when I was nine. My dad said I didn't talk for months. I remember everything. I never told him." She said. "My dad committed suicide nine years later. I had just turned eighteen...I found him in the basement. But I can promise you one thing, Bill. Things get better. Your friends--beer, even--- will help you through everything." Carter told him. "Just...go away," Bill told her. "Okay, Mr. Carlton. Thank you for your time." She muttered.

"Nothing?" Dean asked. "Nope."