𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

CARTER stepped out of the shower, slipping a towel around her body. She and Dean have been on lockdown, which hasn't been the best time of her life. She gave Sam a haircut whenever she could and tried to give fashion advice to Dean, who took his time on the bench to enjoy TV and a massage bed. He was bored but played it off like he was enjoying it.

Carter got dressed and walked out of the bathroom. "Carter, you have to try this," Dean grumbled from his bed, which shook him every which way. She sighed and walked in between the beds to put her necklace on the counter. Dean grabbed her swiftly and put her down beside him. Her muscles unraveled at the massage and her eyes shut. Dean smirked, knowing he was right about the massage's effects. He rolled over and grabbed his headphones, then began listening to his playlist while Carter fell asleep beside him.

Sam walked into the motel room and laughed at Dean's blissful ignorance. His eyes were shut and he rocked his head along to the beat of his music. Sam smacked his boot. "Hey!" He shouted. Dean's heart nearly burst out of his chest. His eyes widened and he threw off the headset. "Dean, you're enjoying that way too much. It's kind of making me uncomfortable." Sam told him. "I'm the one on lockdown." Dean groaned. "You were the bank robber on the eleven o'clock news, not me. We can't risk you just walking into a government facility." Sam replied. He walked into the bathroom and the bed stopped. "Aw, dammit! That was my last quarter." His brother complained.

He nudged Carter. "Hey! You got any quarters?" He asked. "You woke me up for quarters?" She glared. Dean scooted away. "Maybe." He muttered. Carter rolled her eyes and flipped over so she was stomach-down on the bed and hugging a pillow. "Rude," Dean whispered, getting up and going to the bathroom. "So did you get in to see that crazy hooker?" He asked. "Gloria Sitnick. And I'm not so sure she's crazy. Blinding light, feelings of spiritual ecstasy, the works. I mean, she's living in a locked ward and she's totally at peace. She said she killed Carl because he was evil." Sam explained.

"Cruella-evil or Severus Snape evil?" Carter asked. "I couldn't find any dirt on him. I mean, he didn't have a criminal record, he worked at the campus library, had lots of friends. He was a churchgoer." Sam shrugged, turning off the light. "Okay, so she's psychotic. Got it." His girlfriend replied, closing her eyes again. "She's the second in town to murder because an angel told them to. Little bit odd, don't ya think?" Sam asked. "Well, little odd yes, supernatural maybe. But angels? I don't think so. There's no such thing." Dean scoffed.

A pit sat in Carter's stomach that told her that was wrong. It felt personal. It felt like his words triggered something inside of her. "There's ten times as much lore about angels as there is about anything else I've ever hunted and there've been some weird fucking miracles." She retorted. Sam raised his eyebrows. "There's a ton of lore on unicorns too. In fact, I hear that they, they ride on silver moonbeams, and they shoot rainbows out of their ass. " Dean joked. Sam's face dropped. "Wait, there's no such thing as unicorns?" He asked.

"Listen, I believe what I see. I ain't ever seen an angel. Don't you think if they existed we out of all people would have seen one? This is a, a demon or a spirit. You know, they find people a few fries short of a happy meal, and they trick them into killing these randoms. Can we just - I'm going, stir-crazy man. Hey, let's go by Gloria's apartment, huh?" Dean rambled. "Fine but there was no sulfur, no EMF..." Sam trailed off. Dean silently cheered that he could leave.

Carter got up and rubbed her eyes. "Let's go."

-

"Would you smell that crappy air?" She remarked, exiting the Impala. Sam chuckled. Carter walked up to the house and peered into the windows. This place gave her the heebie-jeebies. She walked to the side of the house and opened the storm cellar doors. "Come on, Shaggy! Bring Scooby." She remarked. "Who's Scooby?!" Dean and Sam questioned.

Carter shuddered at the sight of scratches on the wall near the floor. She kneeled. "Oh, that's disgusting." She grumbled, staring at a fingernail. She picked up a shovel. "Come here." She told the boys. They began digging until reaching a pile of skeletons. "So much for a psychotic church-goer."

-

"Back in the dog kennel." Carter groaned, laying down on the motel bed. "Yep. I'll be back." Sam sighed, walking out. Dean laughed maniacally and put a quarter in the machine to make his bed shake. "I stole it from Sam." He shrugged, replying to Carter's judging face. "Yeah okay." She laughed.

She closed her eyes and fell asleep, one of her greater joys in life being her naps.

𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌

Carter sat in Alexis's room, but it wasn't as gloomy. Sunlight poured through the window, creating a rainbow effect that sprinkled over her sister's bed. There were stuffed animals on the pillows and a vase of flowers on the nightstand. Birds sat on trees outside and everything seemed calm. Carter was calm.

"This is your happy place." A voice said beside her. She gasped and turned to look at a woman in a suit. "Your grace sent me here." She explained. "My what?" Carter frowned. "Your grace. You've been possessed by an angel before. The angel was handled but they left a sliver of grace in you." The woman continued. "I think I'd remember if I was possessed, but thanks." She scoffed. "Don't you want to be powerful? An explanation for days you thought you were just drunk? All you have to do is slit an angel's throat and inhale their grace." The woman coaxed.

"I'd rather die." Carter spat. "Very well then. You won't remember me, but you'll remember what to do if you encounter an angel. You've killed before." The woman hummed. A man walked in and grabbed her arm.